Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high number of accounts

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: high number of accounts

I only pay fees on my Credit One.

couple cards with Annual Fees, my bofa secured and my usbank signature (way pays for itself!)

I already cancelled my nationsbank, cortrust and I would never carry First Premier again

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next time they hit you for the AF, call them and ask them to waive it.

I tried that with my wife's new Cap1 card, and the guy told me that since the account was just opened, they had to charge it but that they might waive it next year if I call.

I just got off a binge of calling everyone who bills me and asking to lower my rate.  I managed to cut expenses by $50+ a month! 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

sure laz, i like 0 percent, so many new purchases require new accounts. also, back in the day one card would offer 0% for 6 0r 12 months for bal. xfer, so i took advantage. one card even gave me 20 grand w/ no fees or catches for 0% for 6 mos,which i just placed in a money market.
Message 13 of 14
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got off a binge of calling everyone who bills me and asking to lower my rate.  I managed to cut expenses by $50+ a month! 

Awesome!

Here we go again...
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.