Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home depot project loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

home depot project loan

I did their online prequal to see if I'd be approved for their store cc. Denied and I tried to recon and was denied. Would I still be denied for their project loan?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Ups77
Regular Contributor

Re: home depot project loan

It all depends on your file. I really don't put much into pre qual sites. Numerous times it shows no availed products and when I apply instant approval.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks
Message 3 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

the project loan is just an extension of the store card so if denied store I would give it a 110% to be denied project loan since the store card can be as low as $500 limit but project loan starts at what $4500?

Message 4 of 10
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

The Project Loan IS NOT just an extention of the store card

It is thru GREENSKY Credit (not CITI)

And is easier to get approved for than the store card

It is a mastercard that I beleive is locked to Home Depot... after 6 months the mastercard is closed and ammoritizes as a loan.

Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JTC403 wrote:

The Project Loan IS NOT just an extention of the store card

It is thru GREENSKY Credit (not CITI)

And is easier to get approved for than the store card

It is a mastercard that I beleive is locked to Home Depot... after 6 months the mastercard is closed and ammoritizes as a loan.

My apologies... I have not looked at it in so long... it use to be like the Lowes one where if you spent enough money you could just ask for the 84 month payment plan... HMMM I might just have to go apply for this.

Anyone have experience on it and credit info when they were approved?!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all. I went online and it says i can only apply instore so wish my luck tomorrow!!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last spring we embarked on a kitchen reno with cabinets and some other stuff through HD. I'm trying to remember the chain of events. Renovating a kitchen tends to remove a lot of memory and patience. 

I THINK we applied first for the project loan, assuming it would be for a bigger chunk since it's got 'project' in the name. We were only approved for (I think) $5000. This didn't put a dent in things. DH and I each applied for the HD card separately. DH did it first. IIRC at FIRST he was denied, or maybe it was just for another small amount. After he and the store folks talked on the phone to the approval folks, he got $20k. I then got $10k. I don't, however, know what our credit was at the time. If I were to guess, I'd say high 6's, but that's just a guess. 

Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you all. I went online and it says i can only apply instore so wish my luck tomorrow!!

I was denied... did you make it over to the store and apply?

Message 9 of 10
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.