Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

Re: hooters card denied

Don't waste your time on that crappy card try Capital One.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
Rick9972

I have always heard that Hooters was kinda weird in their approvals, even in the best of times.
Regular Contributor
CMS2012

Sorry to hear about your denial.  I just applied on 4/19 and was approved for $500.  I only have 5 months of AAofA.

They did a hard pull on TU and my TU Fico score was 721. 

Valued Member
edwtoo

wow, only $500 for a 721 score no wonder i didnt get an approval. I had thought this card was for rebuilding credit. I cant apply for a Capitol one card i screwd that one up 3 years ago. I have a First Premier card and a Tribute card i dont like to use them very much because they have such high rates.
Established Contributor
YoungEntrepeneur

Capital One gives second chances as they sent pre-approvals and approved my parents last year.
Regular Contributor
CMS2012

I know!  I thought the same thing, but since my AAofA is so low I kind of expected it.  When they rep told me what the amount was I asked if they could increase and I was told no, but to check back in 6-9 months.  I have higher limits on all of my Prime cards!  I think I am going to close ths card!
Frequent Contributor
cw81

edwtoo wrote:
wow, only $500 for a 721 score no wonder i didnt get an approval. I had thought this card was for rebuilding credit. I cant apply for a Capitol one card i screwd that one up 3 years ago. I have a First Premier card and a Tribute card i dont like to use them very much because they have such high rate

______________________________________________________________-

Cap1  might still approve you  I messed up  2 Cap one cards and 2 years later I have  another one  I believe they might have a preapproval page  I cant remember if they do Its been a while but they do forgive.

Valued Member
edwtoo

the denial letter has said that because we refinanced our mortgage in 2005. I have never been late with my mortgage why would they say that is a problem
Established Contributor
MsKiwi

[ Edited ]

edwtoo wrote:
the denial letter has said that because we refinanced our mortgage in 2005. I have never been late with my mortgage why would they say that is a problem

The dreaded mortgage refi. Hooters has issues with people either getting a new mortgage or refinancing an existing mortgage. There was quite a bit posted about this around last summer or fall I believe.
Message Edited by MsKiwi on 05-01-2009 10:27 AM
Frequent Contributor
Woolfman

[ Edited ]

MsKiwi wrote:

edwtoo wrote:

The dreaded mortgage refi. Hooters has issues with people either getting a new mortgage or refinancing an existing mortgage. There was quite a bit posted about this around last summer or fall I believe.

Which is weird because i just bought my house in October of last year and they approved me for a card with a 1k CL last month . I also had a few inquiries and a couple of new accounts also in the last few months. 

Message Edited by Woolfman on 05-01-2009 10:54 AM

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 761 From 12/11/2013
Goal Score: 800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}