Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hooters card denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: hooters card denied

Don't waste your time on that crappy card try Capital One.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have always heard that Hooters was kinda weird in their approvals, even in the best of times.
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about your denial.  I just applied on 4/19 and was approved for $500.  I only have 5 months of AAofA.

They did a hard pull on TU and my TU Fico score was 721. 

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow, only $500 for a 721 score no wonder i didnt get an approval. I had thought this card was for rebuilding credit. I cant apply for a Capitol one card i screwd that one up 3 years ago. I have a First Premier card and a Tribute card i dont like to use them very much because they have such high rates.
Message 14 of 21
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Capital One gives second chances as they sent pre-approvals and approved my parents last year.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know!  I thought the same thing, but since my AAofA is so low I kind of expected it.  When they rep told me what the amount was I asked if they could increase and I was told no, but to check back in 6-9 months.  I have higher limits on all of my Prime cards!  I think I am going to close ths card!
Message 16 of 21
cw81
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
wow, only $500 for a 721 score no wonder i didnt get an approval. I had thought this card was for rebuilding credit. I cant apply for a Capitol one card i screwd that one up 3 years ago. I have a First Premier card and a Tribute card i dont like to use them very much because they have such high rate

______________________________________________________________-

Cap1  might still approve you  I messed up  2 Cap one cards and 2 years later I have  another one  I believe they might have a preapproval page  I cant remember if they do Its been a while but they do forgive.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

the denial letter has said that because we refinanced our mortgage in 2005. I have never been late with my mortgage why would they say that is a problem
Message 18 of 21
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
the denial letter has said that because we refinanced our mortgage in 2005. I have never been late with my mortgage why would they say that is a problem

The dreaded mortgage refi. Hooters has issues with people either getting a new mortgage or refinancing an existing mortgage. There was quite a bit posted about this around last summer or fall I believe.
Message Edited by MsKiwi on 05-01-2009 10:27 AM
Message 19 of 21
Woolfman
Established Contributor

@MsKiwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The dreaded mortgage refi. Hooters has issues with people either getting a new mortgage or refinancing an existing mortgage. There was quite a bit posted about this around last summer or fall I believe.

Which is weird because i just bought my house in October of last year and they approved me for a card with a 1k CL last month . I also had a few inquiries and a couple of new accounts also in the last few months. 

Message Edited by Woolfman on 05-01-2009 10:54 AM
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.