Not applicable

hooters card denied

i have a 640 TU what kind of scores is Hooters looking for
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: hooters card denied

It's a good thing that Hooters denied your application. I would go with Capital One for now and apply for better cards in a year or so.
Message 2 of 21
Woolfman
Established Contributor

I was approved for a 1k CL with hooters last month , I had like 4 INQ on TU and my scores are listed below

while it may not be a prime card I dont see anything wrong with having them. 

Hope this helps!

Message Edited by Woolfman on 04-22-2009 01:34 PM
Message 3 of 21
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I prefer having a Capital One card rather than a Hooters card because I've heard of consumers having their accounts closed for no apparent reason.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

so is 640 still considered poor, there web site had said that they catered to all credits good and bad.
Message 5 of 21
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

A score of 640 isn't the greatest score but it's not as bad as you might think. It's good enough to get away from cards such as First Premier. Personally, I would prefer having a Capital One card than a Hooters card. Based on what I've read from other posts, Merrick Bank (Hooters) seems to be inconsistent with their approvals.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok i will keep working on the credit i have for another year and see what happens thanks guys

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know, Hooters won't approve your application if you have a  relatively new mortgage or if you don't have any other credit card.
Message 8 of 21
Woolfman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
As far as I know, Hooters won't approve your application if you have a  relatively new mortgage or if you don't have any other credit card.

Not sure how you perceive new on a mortgage but I just bought my house in October. 

Message 9 of 21
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I think their idea of 'new' is anything less than two years.

(If memory serves me right, at least.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.