cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how about places that only accept DISCOVER?

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: how about places that only accept DISCOVER?

@FrugalRican wrote:

That would be business suicide unless your store was a Discover-themed restaurant.

the idea would be to make it clear to them that we only accept cash or discover up front. but if they explained that they had no discover, we would then be willing to accept any other form of tender.

and yes i think i would like my restaurant to be discover themed too. i don't think discover gets "enough credit" no pun intended. i think the networks are not well balanced, but it appears according to trends that they are beginning to balance out. too many visas out there. there ought to be a almost equal balance of network cards out there.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 21 of 23
TwistedAngel
New Contributor

There is a lovely little Thai place in town that only accepts Discover cards.

Edit: Sorry about the necro. The search feature is a bit odd...

............11/10.......................03/13..........................11/14..........................03/15..........................03/15............
Message 22 of 23
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Hahaha.

"No no no! I don't think so! I would rather take two live chickens than your fly-by-night credit cahd. I would rather take a jar of pennies that's value was less than that of your bill."

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.