cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how adding Auth user to established card affects AAoA

tag
zeedakay

how adding Auth user to established card affects AAoA

how does that work? does that tradeline show as the day you were added or the day tha account was opened? i hope it's shows as the original account openeing date so the new card i opened a few months ago would be offset Man Embarassed

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Current Scores: EQ FICO 685 (03/25/2014), EX N/A, TU FICO 697 (04/14/2014)
Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 12/2013 - No apps until 2015
Starting Score: 535
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 750

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mrlh1980
Contributor

Re: how adding Auth user to established card affects AAoA

@zeedakay wrote:

how does that work? does that tradeline show as the day you were added or the day tha account was opened? i hope it's shows as the original account openeing date so the new card i opened a few months ago would be offset Man Embarassed

Well, with Capital One and American Express it does show the date of the original day. At least with my experience.

"Fools trade their SOULS for gold in an attempt to take control of things they can't control."
Message 2 of 9
zeedakay

I like the sound of that. I wonder if all of the payment history is included as well. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mrlh1980 wrote:

@zeedakay wrote:

Well, with Capital One and American Express it does show the date of the original day. At least with my experience.

Amex ACM's do not inherit the primary cardholders history.  

Message 4 of 9
mrlh1980
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@mrlh1980 wrote:

@zeedakay wrote:

Actually the American Express charge card does.

"Fools trade their SOULS for gold in an attempt to take control of things they can't control."
Message 5 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mrlh1980 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@mrlh1980 wrote:

@zeedakay wrote:

From my personal experience, it does not,  If yours did then you might have gotten lucky. 

Message 6 of 9
mrlh1980
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@mrlh1980 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@mrlh1980 wrote:

@zeedakay wrote:

From my personal experience, it does not,  If yours did then you might have gotten lucky. 

Hmm I don't think I would say luck had anything to do with it. When I added the other person to my American Express Gold Premier account they asking for everything including social security. I then asked the American Express agent why is that. She informed me it's needed to become a member or authorize member for American Express. I then waited 2 months to pull the authorize user's credit report only to see it was there. Usually whenever you add someone as an authorize user the social security isn't needed.

Message 7 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mrlh1980 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@mrlh1980 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@mrlh1980 wrote:

@zeedakay wrote:

Hmm I don't think I would say luck had anything to do with it. When I added the other person to my American Express Gold Premier account they asking for everything including social security. I then asked the American Express agent why is that. She informed me it's needed to become a member or authorize member for American Express. I then waited 2 months to pull the authorize user's credit report only to see it was there. Usually whenever you add someone as an authorize user the social security isn't needed.

Adding ACMs wll report on their CR's. The ACMs do not inherit your pre-existing history.  If that was your first Amex and you added them at the time of approval, then your scenario is accurate. Their date opened would be the same as yours. 

If you were an Amex cardholder for in my case, 28 years the newly added ACMs would reflect the date they were added on their CR's. 

A few years ago, Amex changed their policy and new ACMS CR's are no longer backdated to the primary cardholders open date. 

Message 8 of 9
zeedakay

this all seem very positive for me. i'll report back in a few months when it shows

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.