Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can you tell if you've been SP'd

tag
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

how can you tell if you've been SP'd

How is it that forum members can tell they've been SP'd?  Not just from time to time, but seem to be frequently updated.  How does it show on a report? Is it listed differently than a hard pull?

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: how can you tell if you've been SP'd

I'm gonna assume they're subscribed to SW.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 2 of 13
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Well for EQ monitoring you can pull one of those everday.  For TU the only way I know of is the backdoor method but you can get locked out doing that.  For EX if you have a report number you can check that on line by just going to their website.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I have SW, but if you have to pull a new report each time to check for SP's that would get pricey quick.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 4 of 13
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

I think I read in another thread annualcreditreport.com shows soft pulls... no sure how they're listed.  Does SW report FICO or not?  If not, is it close? 

Message 5 of 13
PHILYMIC
Valued Member

When I pull my reports my inquires are broken down into two separate categories.  The hard pulls are listed under headings such as "inquires shared with others," "regular inquires" or "inquiries that may impact your credit rating."  Any soft pulls are normally listed under headings such as "inquiries shared only with you," "account review inquiries," or "inquiries that do not impact your credit rating."

Hope this helps...

My Score:
Experian FICO: 726

In My Wallet:
Elan Financial Rewards Visa (05/10) / Chevron (12/10) / Citi Forward (02/11) / Amex Zync (04/11) / Discover IT (06/11) / Chase Freedom (09/11) / Amex Blue Cash Everyday (09/11)

All done applying...I have my perfect credit portfolio!!!!

Message 6 of 13
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Before someone else has to bring it up, I see SW is a myfico.com product, and offers FICO scores.  I've ordered single reports (EQ & TU) from myfico... but I had not used SW.  I feel a little silly asking about who offers a product on that company's forum.  I also feel the need to confirm I might have a problem as I  am posting this while I watch a Christmas movie on the sofa with my wife...ON CHRISTMAS EVE.

Message 7 of 13
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Here's what I do -

I pull my Experian report for free every November from annualcreditreport.com. This shows all info on your report. It is a site set up to follow federal regulations regarding credit bureaus. I print the report, and use the report number to re-access my report every week until they won't let me anymore. This is all free, and all updated every time I pull it. 

I do the same for Equifax every July and Transunion every March. 

But anyway, no reason to pay for your report when you can access it for free. However, if you want to pay for your FICO score, that's your decision. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 8 of 13
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

Here's what I do -

I pull my Experian report for free every November from annualcreditreport.com. This shows all info on your report. It is a site set up to follow federal regulations regarding credit bureaus. I print the report, and use the report number to re-access my report every week until they won't let me anymore. This is all free, and all updated every time I pull it. 

I do the same for Equifax every July and Transunion every March. 

But anyway, no reason to pay for your report when you can access it for free. However, if you want to pay for your FICO score, that's your decision. 

Thank you. That's was exactly the information I needed.  I will probably order my free experian first since it is not offered on myfico. In fact this will help when I consider coming out of the garden in April or May.

Message 9 of 13
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Glad I can help. After you pull the first time at annualcreditreport.com, just go straight to Experian.com and click "View Report Again" at the bottom of the page under Credit Assisstance. 

I just did it again tonight, more than 30 days after my initial pull. I can't speak for how long this ability lasts on any of the Bureaus (probably 90 days based on info on Experian's website), but it can certainly be useful for as long as it is available. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.