Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does upromise credit card work?

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

how does upromise credit card work?

I know that you get additional 5% cash back if you shop through their site.. 

so for example..

best buy.. i purchase a $300 product..

http://mall.upromise.com/me____.htm?keywords=bestbuy&mids=36

4% through their site.. which will be $12 in my upromise account a few days after the transaction is made.

and if i use my upromise card to check out then 5% more.. ($15) so where will that $15 be? on the upromise card or upromise account?

and how can you redeem the rewards from upromise card?

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: how does upromise credit card work?

@Christina_xyt wrote:

so for example..

4% through their site.. which will be $12 in my upromise account a few days after the transaction is made.

and if i use my upromise card to check out then 5% more.. ($15) so where will that $15 be? on the upromise card or upromise account?

and how can you redeem the rewards from upromise card?

say you utilize upromise for a sears purchase. sears is giving 5% through upromise (that portion goes to upromise and takes a while) the other 5% bonus for using the u promiae card goes to the card and can be used just like any other barclay points (statement credit)
Message 2 of 9
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

i see. Thanks! that sounds a lot better.. 

Message 3 of 9
bk510
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

so for example..

and how can you redeem the rewards from upromise card?Smiley Sad

say you utilize upromise for a sears purchase. sears is giving 5% through upromise (that portion goes to upromise and takes a while) the other 5% bonus for using the u promiae card goes to the card and can be used just like any other barclay points (statement credit)

Isnt Sallie Mae a better card than Uppromise in terms of bonuses?

Iwant a Sallie MaeSmiley Mad

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 4 of 9
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

so for example..

They are good in different way. 

Sallie mae is good for amazon, gas and grocery.. upromise is good for online shopping

Message 5 of 9
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@bk510 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

so for example..

Sallie mae is good for amazon, gas and grocery.. upromise is good for online shopping

Ive been trying to PC my barclaycard rewards to a umpromise card no dice yet Smiley Sad. IT would be nice for the online shopping

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 6 of 9
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@bk510 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

so for example..

Ive been trying to PC my barclaycard rewards to a umpromise card no dice yet Smiley Sad. IT would be nice for the online shopping

i apped for upromise knowing i would be declined...i then pc'd most of my barclay rewards cl to the upromise...they will do it just call their recon number in the board

Message 7 of 9
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

What does PC mean?

Message 8 of 9
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

product change..i had a rewards card from barclay and i split the line (pc'd) a portion of that line to a new card

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.