Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long do i need to take a brake for

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

how long do i need to take a brake for

if i have to many inq.on my report and i was dinied credit how long for should i stop for applying ?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: how long do i need to take a brake for

How many inqs do you have on each report, and how old is each one?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
kugel
Valued Contributor

on eqifax i have 13 the latest is from jan
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

kugel wrote:
on eqifax i have 13 the latest is from jan

How old is the oldest?

Message 4 of 8
kugel
Valued Contributor

one year ago
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

kugel wrote:
one year ago

Well, here's the bad news.  You have one more year before any of your inquiries drop from your report.  Inquiries stay on your reports for two years, and are visible by creditors whenever they pull your reports.  When you are denied for having too many inquiries, they are seeing all your inquiries from the last two years.

Here's the good news, though.  FICO only dings you for inquiries in the last year, which means that as each of your inquiries reaches its first birthday, you will see little jumps in your score.  It sounds like you have at least one that is about to stop counting for FICO or recently has.
Message 6 of 8
kugel
Valued Contributor

yes but do creditrs see it like fico orthe other one that is 2 year
Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yes, creditors see the inqs that are older than one year (and no longer scored) but still listed.

It's going to depend on each creditor as to whether they think that a more recent year with no inqs is more important than the older inq-filled year. Impossible to guess.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.