cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does a bal. transfer take NFCU?

tag
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

how long does a bal. transfer take NFCU?

I would like to balance transfer about 4k from my chase freedom card to my NFCU card, how long does it take to process? Meaning how long will it take until my Chase Acct. reflects 0 balance and My NFCU reflects a 4k balance?

Also how do I do the balance transfer? from NFCU website?

thx...OP

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

Re: how long does a bal. transfer take NFCU?

@creditwatcher2012 wrote:

I would like to balance transfer about 4k from my chase freedom card to my NFCU card, how long does it take to process? Meaning how long will it take until my Chase Acct. reflects 0 balance and My NFCU reflects a 4k balance?

Also how do I do the balance transfer? from NFCU website?

thx...OP

Mine took about 4 business days for the entire process.

Yes, you do the balance transfer from NFCU's website. The option is under the "account services" tab. Choose the NFCU credit card you want to transfer the balance to, enter your Chase account info, the amount, confirm, and wait.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 2 of 14
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

ok thanks, appreciate the info, Im going to wait until wednesday to do the balance transfer, because it is a new account and yesturday I was on the mobil app and accidentaly took a cash advance for 8k and put it into my checking, So i called NFCU and they reveresed it for me and said it will all pan out by tuesday, So I dotn want to do a bal transfer until that works it self out, thanks for the info. 

Message 3 of 14
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

To add, I'm actually waiting on another balance transfer to post to my account now, it's been about 3 business days so far. I'm pretty sure it'll complete tomorrow.

Message 4 of 14
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

ok thanks when you say 4 days, it your card you were balance transfering from reflect the 0 balace within 4 days, so in other words, will my chase freedom account reflect a 0 balance in 4 days?

Message 5 of 14
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Walmart card took 6 days.  USAA took 7.  Chase took 4 days.  Guess its a YMMV thing.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 6 of 14
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

oki thanks sorry whats YMMV? Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@creditwatcher2012 wrote:

ok thanks when you say 4 days, it your card you were balance transfering from reflect the 0 balace within 4 days, so in other words, will my chase freedom account reflect a 0 balance in 4 days?

Yes, my Discover card went to "0" balance after the balance transfer completed. I received a "thank you for your payment" email from Discover when it posted.

Message 8 of 14
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

ok, thx for the info im gonna bal transfer on tuesday!

Message 9 of 14
Mellon
Established Contributor

NASA took 10 days

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.