cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does it take for new accounts to report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how long does it take for new accounts to report?

well, it seems like its been about a week for the sears and still its not on there yet. ill give it more time before i call them.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

most lenders report at the end of the month of your first billing statement. cars loans once fund is finsh same as mortgages. but, keep in mind, some lenders after reporting to credit agency the first time, they my wait and report every three months.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

after first report capital one tends to report every three months unless you miss a payment
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, it took a couple of statements for my cards to report.  Chase was the quickest of all of them.
Message 14 of 20
krdvg

I got a capone about 3 weeks ago, and it still has not reported! I even posted one payment! The first statement is due by the end of this month, will it post then? I am looking when all my CCs post so as to have low balances on my report, though I always PIF I dont have low balances on my report Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

krdvg wrote:
I got a capone about 3 weeks ago, and it still has not reported! I even posted one payment! The first statement is due by the end of this month, will it post then? I am looking when all my CCs post so as to have low balances on my report, though I always PIF I dont have low balances on my report Smiley Sad

Just hang in there...wait for a couple of statements to generate and they will have reported by then.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your payment should post  after that first payment but keep in mined that capital one has the tendency to wait three months before reporting. Also, you stated that you pay your accounts in full at the end of the month if I understood the PIF correct. I would leave a little balance maybe 3 to 5% balance so that the card has continuous activity and it reports better.
Message 17 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Just hang in there...wait for a couple of statements to generate and they will have reported by then.

Hey, Cynical, with your insider knowledge, is it reasonable for me to expect my AmEx Gold card to report after the first statement hits on the 17th? or is this apt to drag on for a while?

It really doesn't bother me to have it not showing up. The other 7 new TL's have done quite enough damage!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Hey, Cynical, with your insider knowledge, is it reasonable for me to expect my AmEx Gold card to report after the first statement hits on the 17th? or is this apt to drag on for a while?

It really doesn't bother me to have it not showing up. The other 7 new TL's have done quite enough damage!

Amex is a little slow with updating the cras.  I would say after the second statement closes you can expect it to update.  For instance, amex just updated to show my february ending balance about a week ago for me.  They're always a month behind it seems.
Message 19 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Amex is a little slow with updating the cras. I would say after the second statement closes you can expect it to update. For instance, amex just updated to show my february ending balance about a week ago for me. They're always a month behind it seems.

Works for me, that way it will already be three months old when it hits. thanks!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.