Established Member

how long should i wait??

at the beginning of the yr i was late on a few cards dur to moving across the us. i tried to keep up with payments but it just got kinda hard. anyhow ive been making more than the min payment and all and i wanted to know when i should call to see if they can lower my apr. and what should i tell them.... thanks!
Established Member

Re: how long should i wait??

Smiley Happybump
Frequent Contributor

Normally it is at least 6 mths of on time payments before a CC will lower your interest rates back down (never hurts to try at 3 mths).  Just be honest with them and keep making on time and above min. payments.  Good Luck vicki
~We'll Never Say Goodbye~
In Loving Memory
Of All Lost Mothers
Established Member

thanks for your help vicki!!!
Frequent Contributor

After 6 months, how much should you expect that they lower it?

Will you ever get it back to where it started?
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.