cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many capital one cards can you have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how many capital one cards can you have?

I have a quicksilver and a regular platinum that i dont touch... i App for the venture and i think it was denied for two many accounts

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how many capital one cards can you have?

Message 2 of 51
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I believe it is 2 max card you can apply for with Cap1. Their co-branded cards (GM card, Sony card, etc) are not included though. But since you have their platinum and quicksilver already then that probably is the case why you were denied.
gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 3 of 51
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a quicksilver and a regular platinum that i dont touch... i App for the venture and i think it was denied for two many accounts

during a recent online Chat session with a CapOne agent, he said you could have up to 5 cards with CapOne, haven't verified it, but the policy used to be 2 cards, I know you could have more if a card handled by a company they purchased was converted to a capone card, I had 4 cards that way,  my HSBC Sears and HSBC Best Buy cards were converted to CapOne, but I have since closed them both, so back down to 2 CapOne cards. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 51
diphendrix
Established Member

i have 3 with them, but yes one of them is the Sony Cap1 so dont know if that counts.

BK7 Discharge: Feb 2014 Starting Score: 579 Current FICO Score: 656

Goal Score: 660 short | 800+ long Goals Hit: 2 Active Cards: 6

Gardening Since: June 2014 Garden Goal: December 2014

Wish List: Chase Slate | Chase Disney | Discover IT | Barclays NFL Sig
CapOne QuicksilverOne : CL: $300CapOne Classic Platinum : CL: $300CapOne Sony : CL: $500J Crew : CL: $450Express NextVS Angel

Message 5 of 51
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

The most I've had with them is two. I did ask CapOne what the max was out of curiosity and they said 'however many you are approved for'.. not sure how true that is.

Message 6 of 51
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

During a recent chat I was told there was no limit but I'm skeptical on that. I had 4 at one point. A secured platinum, unsecured platinum, quicksiliverone, and playstation visa. I now have closed the secured platinum and changed the unsecured platinum to a quicksilverone with plans on changing the original quicksilverone to a venture card.

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 7 of 51
Blodreina
Established Contributor

As someone mentioned, I believe it is 2, with co-branded cards not counting towards that.  If I were you, I would try to PC your Platinum card to add travel rewards.  People have had success with that.

Message 8 of 51
tha1datshyns

I Currently have three Capital One Quicksilver cards.

Message 9 of 51
onepointatatime
Contributor

I have 2 - a QuickSilver Rewards VISA Signature, and a Secured... I have no idea how many you can have

Sep 2013: mid 500s | Sep 2014: myfico: EX 539 | EQ 594 | TU 694 || My Rebuilding Journey
myfico, 12/3/2015: EX 666 | EQ 677 | TU 689 | AAoA : 3y | INQs (12/24) EX 11/13 | EQ 5/9 | TU 4/7
Cards: Chase Sapphire Pref. $6K | BoA Travel Rewards $1.6K | Cap1 QS Rewards $7.5K | Priceline $0.5K | Credit Union $2K | Total (5) Revolving CLs: $17.6K
Goal Score 2015: FICO08 800+
Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.