cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many credit offers did you shread this month?

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

how many credit offers did you shread this month?

For all the people with App addictions,  and the gardening crowd to brag.

how many credit card apps, pre-approved credit card offers, personal loans at insane interest rates or pre-approved credit catalogs ( .i.e. fingerhut) did you shred, tear up, or otherwise ignore?

5 catalogs over $2000 in pre-approved in credit if i just said yes. 

1 pre-approved credit card, sorry I haven't shopped at JC Penny in years. 

3 Personal Loan offers... 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how many credit offers did you shread this month?

Citibank and Discover both wasted postage sending their pre-approved offers to us recently.  We don't even have a FICO score -- but, we are "pre-approved" -- I don't think so. 

Message 2 of 13
GregB
Valued Contributor

I probably get about 15 per month...................................................from Capital One.

Total, I probably get 3-5 per day but that is business and personal.

Catalogs with credit offers, like Fingerhut, virtually none.

It seems to go in waves. Lately I'm getting 2-3 per month from Home Depot and I average about $50 per month against a $15K CL and pay before statement is cut.

Message 3 of 13
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

I shredded nothing, as I have opted out long time ago!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 4 of 13
Varakai
New Contributor

Same here, none! I aslo opted out, not looking back and only apply for credit when I need it and on my time when I want tooSmiley Wink It's a blessing!!!

Starting Score: 500’s
Current Score: EQ Fico 707 TU Fico 737 TU08 Fico (Wal-Mart)736 EX Fico 733
Goal Score: 760+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Last month DW and I shredded at least 3 First Premier offers, at least 4 HSBC offers ( I swear they come weekly), one JCP, and several CFLs like OneMain and one other (can't remember).

Message 6 of 13
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

I rarely get any offers of any kind. Infact the only recent offers I've shredded are two offers from Fingerhut, one from First Premier and one other pre-approved store magazine. I felt dirty just touching the First Premier offer.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 7 of 13
SenorDragon
Valued Member

@Varakai wrote:

Same here, none! I aslo opted out, not looking back and only apply for credit when I need it and on my time when I want tooSmiley Wink It's a blessing!!!

Yup, went to the opt-out prescreen site and haven't looked back since!

Message 8 of 13
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Zero. I opted out years ago.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 9 of 13
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

1 pre-approval offer with invitation code for CITI AA Advantage Visa - they been softing my EQ every month since 2008.

1 pre-approval offer with invitation code for Chase Presidential Card - I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred.

1 pre-approval offer with invitation code for Amex BCP - which I took the plunged last week and got approved with a $10K starting CL.

And a bunch of Cap 1 that been coming multiple times each month for the past year. Still no Cap 1 in my wallet because of the 3 HP app.

Going to wait til Dec. of next year to app for another card - goal is 1 prime card per year with great signup bonuse and a nice starting CL. In the meantime, going to hit the LUV button every 6 months with my current cards. Garden time!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.