Regular Contributor
Duke-of-Earl

Re: how many credit offers did you shread this month?

[ Edited ]

One.  I've opted out, so I shouldn't get any, but airlines seem to believe that buying a ticket from them establishes an "ongoing business relationship".  Seems like a stretch to me, since it's not a credit relationship.  Anyway, American Airlines sold me out to Citi bank.  I didn't shred it yet, set it aside to call and try to opt out specifically with them.  I've found that's hard to do.  Both the airline and the bank say you have to make such a request to the other.

I was tempted to accept the card, actually.  Most of these airline-branded cards offer non-expiring miles, or free baggage checking, etc.  But where I live, you have to fly on different airlines depending on where you're going, and starting down that road I'd end up with more cards than I want to manage.

Edit:  Oh yeah, I got the personal loan flyer addressed to "resident" from the predator down the street.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Mustanglvr2006

None, I'm opted out, however, I do receive Emails from Crap1 all the time for extremely low APR car loans, but yet they won't offer me any kind of CLI or Upgrade on my two CC's I have with them.

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

New Contributor
BabyBlue

None, I am also opted out!!!! It helps since I am in the gardening mode...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}