cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many credit offers did you shread this month?

tag
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

Re: how many credit offers did you shread this month?

One.  I've opted out, so I shouldn't get any, but airlines seem to believe that buying a ticket from them establishes an "ongoing business relationship".  Seems like a stretch to me, since it's not a credit relationship.  Anyway, American Airlines sold me out to Citi bank.  I didn't shred it yet, set it aside to call and try to opt out specifically with them.  I've found that's hard to do.  Both the airline and the bank say you have to make such a request to the other.

I was tempted to accept the card, actually.  Most of these airline-branded cards offer non-expiring miles, or free baggage checking, etc.  But where I live, you have to fly on different airlines depending on where you're going, and starting down that road I'd end up with more cards than I want to manage.

Edit:  Oh yeah, I got the personal loan flyer addressed to "resident" from the predator down the street.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

None, I'm opted out, however, I do receive Emails from Crap1 all the time for extremely low APR car loans, but yet they won't offer me any kind of CLI or Upgrade on my two CC's I have with them.

Message 12 of 13
BabyBlue
New Contributor

None, I am also opted out!!!! It helps since I am in the gardening mode...

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.