tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Re: how many inquiries arw too many?

@bs6054 wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

I have more than 30, after awhile I think it stops affecting the score. But I keep getting approved for more cards.

More than 30 inqs, 11 cards in sig.  Are some inqs for other things (mortgage/loan) or are you getting rejected as well as approved!

No there all for credit cards. I'd say its been 50/50 on rejection/approval.

Just saw your Penfed Plat Rewards thread.  So clearly these inquires don't matter that much as Penfed is meant to be among the most conservative.  Can you try US Bank Cash Plus next!

I can't,, they said I don't live in the service area.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 11 of 35
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

I have more than 30, after awhile I think it stops affecting the score. But I keep getting approved for more cards.

More than 30 inqs, 11 cards in sig.  Are some inqs for other things (mortgage/loan) or are you getting rejected as well as approved!

Just saw your Penfed Plat Rewards thread.  So clearly these inquires don't matter that much as Penfed is meant to be among the most conservative.  Can you try US Bank Cash Plus next!

Well, then move into their service area!   You can't let little details get in the way.

Message 12 of 35
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

Well, then move into their service area!   You can't let little details get in the way.

maybe i will move just to get their card lol Smiley LOL

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 13 of 35
bs6054
Valued Contributor

That would be a good way for MyFico posters to prove that they were serious about app'ing!   Though I guess there aren't that many good cards that are restricted to various regions.  PSECU is the only other one I can think of.

Message 14 of 35
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

That would be a really good way, and yea I can't think of any other region restricted cards.

Message 15 of 35
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

First National bank of Omaha is region restricted, even though they keep sending me offers in the mail.

Message 16 of 35
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Do they have good cards?

Message 17 of 35
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

Do they have good cards?

I don't think so, just your typical bank issued cards, but they sent me an offer for their Discover card, and when I applied, Instant Denial, and their letter that they sent me said, you live outside our service area.  Good thing is they did not pull my credit.

Message 18 of 35
kobe2012
Established Contributor

I have:

TU: 10

EQ: 11

EX: 13

too many inquiries this year, i think 99% of them were from this year alone since I found this site and started rebuilding....

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 19 of 35
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ilovelisa wrote:

Smiley Surprised

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.