New Contributor
nishant1

Re: how many inquiries arw too many?

In December I got approved for 6 out of 6 credit cards applied for . These were my 17th through 22nd cards after which I have stopped.

These 5 include PenFed, US Cash +, Citi, Chase and two store cards. The tally excludes Discover more changed to Discover IT.

I also refinanced my home in last two months to get mortgage rate of 2.7%, zero points for 15 years fixed. The mortgage is from local credit union.

Valued Contributor
visorboy1974

Your overall credit profile will determine how much inquiries impact your score.  For me, the first 3-4 inquiries will impact my score.  After that, it's not going to be dinged anymore.

You're not talking huge impact on scores either...maybe 10 points max.  

I'd say 20 is bordering on too many, but as one of the earlier posters has said, as long as you keep getting approved, who cares?  

Valued Member
coroc

Thanks for the information. I didnt know after a certain amount of inquiries they stop effecting u. I cant believe somd people have so manh inquiries omg
On my way! $FG
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

My FICO actually dropped 51 points after I hit 29 inquires due to auto loan applications. LOL. My until is at 19% and I have balance on 3 cards. YMMV.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 724 (EQ) 709 (EX) 711 (TU) 4/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One (5.0k) | Discover IT (5.0k) | Walmart Discover (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)
--------------------------Gardening until my credit recovers...NO MORE INQUIRES TIL 2015
Valued Contributor
visorboy1974

[ Edited ]

I'd imagine you'll be rebucketed soon for all those inquiries.  I believe all auto credit inquiries are reclassified as one if they're within 30 days of each other.  

Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

Hopefully my FICO will jump back up. Had to update my scores to reflect my current FICO profile :smileysad:

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 724 (EQ) 709 (EX) 711 (TU) 4/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One (5.0k) | Discover IT (5.0k) | Walmart Discover (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)
--------------------------Gardening until my credit recovers...NO MORE INQUIRES TIL 2015
New Visitor
Peets

when you start getting turned down for credit because of "too many inquiries," you have too many inquiries.  

DerekJeter

Curious, any "inquiry friendly" EQ Prime Card pullers out there?

Established Contributor
scenery_guy

visorboy1974 wrote:

I'd imagine you'll be rebucketed soon for all those inquiries.  I believe all auto credit inquiries are reclassified as one if they're within 30 days of each other.  

Yeah I thought that too and liberally shopped for an auto loan. Four auto loan inquiries total and even after 6 months I still have to explain them to lenders. Still (and apparently always will) appear as four inquiries. They never question the 13 other inquiries in less than 9 months for major credit cards and that makes me chuckle a bit. 

Valued Contributor
chnceit

Inquires are a YMMV thing. I have 8 on EX and I think that's a lot

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+