01-14-2013 07:09 AM
01-14-2013 07:15 AM
Looking at my reports from MyFico:
Both EQ and Transunion has on the summary page: Amount of new credit: BAD (The others are Great, Very Good and Very Good, so this stands out!)
and that's based on just 4 INQs!
01-14-2013 07:41 AM - edited 01-14-2013 07:43 AM
Every approval I've ever gotten has always listed the following negatives:
1. Too many inquiries - about 10
2. Balances too high relative to debt - always less than 10% but greater than 5%
3. Serious delinquency - was out of the country in 08, and missed 2 or 3 months payments - few hundred dollars
4. Too few accounts paid as agreed - 10 accounts, guess their going with Credit Karma's 24 as ideal
And, this is for approvals from Chase, Citi and Amex respectively with CLs ranging from $10K - $25K. So, I've always taken their automated reasons with a large grain of salt.
To me, it's all rather meaningless.
PS - My scores never change - always receive Fico from approvals as being 725 - 730 regardless inquiries or new accounts.
01-14-2013 07:58 AM
01-14-2013 10:25 AM
I have 8 +or-inqs in each bureau 4 for the last month, and i got approved for a cap 1 platinium and denied for an amex, the same day. my plan was to get a couple new account, i did, i got two. and now im done and gardening all this 2013.
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.