Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many time do they pull

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

how many time do they pull

wen i join for the first time   to be  a member penfed or nasa cu are they pulling the credit report ? and later wen i apply for a card by one of them do they pull again?  
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: how many time do they pull

I don't know about NASA FCU, but PenFed will pull EQ when you join. It's good for 60 days from that time, so you don't have to try to apply for everything they have the first day.

So I joined on Thursday, and app'd on Saturday, and the CSR warned me that it was possible, unlikely but possible, that the computer would do a hard again. It didn't.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
kugel
Valued Contributor

are they asking for job proof wen you apply for the card
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

They didn't ask for proof, but they asked where I worked (just the name, no addresses, etc), how long I'd worked there, maybe job title? (did a lot of app'ing yesterday, so I'm not sure, lol), if I owned or rented my home, how much the remaining mortgage was, my primary income ($46K), my second job income (said $10K, was really $23K), didn't want household income; I think that's basically it.

edit: I'm pretty sure that they also asked if I were a US citizen, which I am. Someone did yesterday, anyway.

I was surprised on many levels: I've read that others were asked to send in their financials, and I wasn't; I've read that they would mail out a packet asking for all this, but they said they won't; I've read that they rarely do immediate approvals, but they did; and most of all, I didn't think they'd approve me, period, and they did.

Even though I have a lot of lates, I think my really, really low util and lack of inqs made up for it. That's all I can figure, anyway.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-17-2008 03:43 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.