cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many times can you request an increase?

tag
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

how many times can you request an increase?

If you request an CLI via automated means (phone, luv button) and it denies you, can you just keep applying every day until it's granted or do they track it and it would end up hurting you? Same with credit card pre approvals?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: how many times can you request an increase?

@ttleigh wrote:
If you request anCLI via automated means (phone, luv button) and it denies you, can you just keep applying every day until it's granted or do they track it and it would end up hurting you? Same with credit cardpre approvals?

Depends on the issuing bank..Which ones are you referring to?

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ttleigh wrote:
If you request an CLI via automated means (phone, luv button) and it denies you, can you just keep applying every day until it's granted or do they track it and it would end up hurting you? Same with credit card pre approvals?

I honestly don't see how this would help. Unless something changes from one luv button request to another, I suspect you'll end up with the same result.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is Discover? Can we use this as an example?

Message 4 of 5
skigirl916
Established Contributor

I periodically try with the Comenity cards.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It seems pretty random. I just wish they'd save trees and not send me the denial every time it doesn't work.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.