cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how much do you spend in a year for AF?

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: how much do you spend in a year for AF?

Zero

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 71 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I'm a bit surprised by this thread. People have a lot more AF cards than I figured. I guess that is to be expected, but 2000 towards fees seems insane to this guy.

That said smart people are probably getting some big benefits from it. I don't have any AF cards and have no plans to add one anytime soon. I do fine on rewards without them for the things I spend on. I get 5% on almost all purchases I make.
Message 72 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty low. I have 2 that have fees, but negotiated one away after threatening to close. I still don't use it. Need to close it.

Capital one Quicksilver one- 39 dollars

Credit one platinum visa - 50 negotiated 0 for 1 year. Closing when I'm not switching jobs. Helped me build credit though. 

Message 73 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX BCP - $75

Only one whose benefits are worth it for me. One the kids get older and I actually do some traveling again I'll likely look into something like the Barclay Arrival+.

Message 74 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

AMEX BCP - $75

Only one whose benefits are worth it for me. One the kids get older and I actually do some traveling again I'll likely look into something like the Barclay Arrival+.

I want to product change to that card. That would be so much better for me than the everyday card. The everyday is a great step for me though. 

Message 75 of 82
Aerydink

$0 AF.  I try to keep it at zero so I can hold on to my cards forever and grow AAoA regardless of what card is worth it or not.

Message 76 of 82
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

$350 for Citi Prestige

$95 for CSP

$95 fo Ink - I have yet to pay this fee; retention offers always available 

$95 for Citi AA - I have yet to pay this fee. Just opened the account

$89 for Arrival + -  I have yet to pay this fee. Anniversary is in May. Will attempt to get a retention offer

$89 for US Airways - I have yet to pay this fee. Just opened the account

$95 for United - I have yet to pay this fee. Will attempt a retention offer in October. 

Message 77 of 82
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

My Cap 1 card has an AF of $20. That comes out to about five cents a day.

It's my oldest card at 17 years and I have bigger battles to fight than worrying about this small amount.

Message 78 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only card I have right now with an annual fee is the Venture ($59), but I've only had the card for a month so I haven't paid it yet. I will probably downgrade it to a Quicksilver when the AF rolls around.

I do plan on getting the Chase Marriott in July though ($85 AF), but I am definitely going to keep that card as long as they keep the free annual night's stay as a perk.

Message 79 of 82
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@MarineVietVet wrote:

My Cap 1 card has an AF of $20. That comes out to about five cents a day.

It's my oldest card at 17 years and I have bigger battles to fight than worrying about this small amount.

I know you've said before that it isn't worth the hassle of contacting the EO about, but it might be an easy fix if you did...

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 80 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.