cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how often do you all pull your credit reports ?

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: how often do you all pull your credit reports ?

I pull TC every day. If I notice something on it that I think might cause a major score fluctuation, I pull myFICO.

I'll typically pull around anniversaries also.
Here we go again...
Message 11 of 26
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I use creditsecure for regular pulls, mainly for ID theft reasons and to keep track of old accounts falling off - there should be a lot of that soon!  And my CS scores are very close to my FICO scores (all within 20 points) so that is good.

I get my free reports every year, and now pull the full scores once or twice a year.  I might well need a new mortgage in a year or two.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 26
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

I was pulling twice a week for DH and I but now Im pulling weekly. I will move to bi- weekly after all my repair is done... then monthly for UTI and new acounts after I see it settled at a mid range score  for a few pulls I'll wait longer between!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 13 of 26
cobra19
Valued Contributor

quarterly.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

[I find it a bit amusing on this site with people trying to play the angles, apply for cards they don't need,  paying at particular times of the month,  or other tricks,  just to drive up their FICO score.]

Of course it is amusing until you lose everything and find yourself facing a 500 credit score. Then suddenly you would not be amused at how difficult it is to rebuild, how informative this board is, and how you can leverage a few simple credit cards to rebuild your credit.  In 2001 I lost it all when my tech company failed, had a 498 FICO, 50k in charge offs, nearly lost my house to foreclosure after running 90 days past due for a year before finally selling it.  At that point, I did not have one single open trade line on my credit report, they were all either closed or charged off. 

My rebuilding started with a First Premier Card with a $300 limit in 2004. Today, after 3 rebuilders and continual limit increases (and paying as agreed) I have a $400k mortgage (with high equity)  two high-limit cards with AMEX (one of them Gold) and a new 40k car loan with BofA. Oh, and my FICOs are all above 675 and climbing. All of this came from reading these boards and "playing the angles" using a couple of rebuilder cards.

Message Edited by texican on 06-13-2008 07:29 AM

Message Edited by texican on 06-13-2008 07:30 AM
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pull mine and my husband's usually once a month through truecredit. More if I am notified of activity on any accounts.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive been pulling my EX and Transunion twice a month !!! these report basically the same items and same score maybe 2pts difference! EQ i use scorewatch sO i dont pull a new report When either of my scores are where i want it to be I apply for the card i want Gotem!!! Which at the time I was repairing my credit history! Now Im where I want to be basically,Then I just keep reading the forum and help other people reach the Goal the Forum help me reach!!!!  thts about 20bucks tht i would have spent on Java or at the M.A.C counter so I figured my 3 DIGITS are my LIFEEEEEEE so i better invest its so been worth the money Ive spent this year!!! 
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pull mine every few days with Equifax, but I pull it for free so it's no big deal. 
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My banker runs my credit report every 3 years. WaMu list my credit score every month on their website.
Message 19 of 26
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

I pull mine daily from TC 3in1.  I'm in repair mode so I'm anxious to see the progress I'm making when the CRA update the changes to my accounts.  I'll probably cut that down to once per month/quarter once my scores get up to a certain level.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.