Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how often?

tag
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Re: how often?

@afbar1114 wrote:
I am only using chase and zync now..how often should i use these cards so i dont get a cld or closed by bank:
Kohls
No hassle
Cap1
Home depot
Walmart
Jared
Bby store card

Does a hp on slate during gardening count?

This is the agreed upon definition of gardening:

1) Allow accounts to age (thereby increasing AAoA) this is important since this accounts for 15% of your FICO score

2) Allow Hard inquiries to drop off - this accounts for 10% of your FICO score

3) Increase CLs by way of auto CLIs or SP CLIs (this allows for better UTL) UTL counts for 30% of your score or pay down balances across all cards slowly or based on your allowed personal budget in order to accomplish better UTL %.

Remember you can't get auto CLIs if you keep opening new accounts so in order to accoplish the above 3 items, you must garden and not apply for new accounts. If you do this properly you will improve your FICO by 55% - that is substantial.

So to answer your question a HP will affect your gardening even if it means CLI. You can't accomplish number 2 by getting more HPs.

Also one quick question...how long have you had your Slate? Chase does not give increases easily. You need atleast a year of history with them to consider a CLI. So don't waist a HP on them.

Also don't use getting CLIs as a way to curb your app appetite that is not the way to deal with the itchy finger and it sounds like that's what you are doing since you've asked this question many times before.

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.