Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to apply penfed card?

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

Re: how to apply penfed card?

What about an inq for car loan? My gf has 771 eq and wants to get a starter card with them. But it was July when she got her loan/last inq. She doesn't apply for cc's and had old accounts/au. Does this mean she is locked out til Jan for applying due to the car loan?
Message 21 of 24
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

jbh wrote:
What about an inq for car loan? My gf has 771 eq and wants to get a starter card with them. But it was July when she got her loan/last inq. She doesn't apply for cc's and had old accounts/au. Does this mean she is locked out til Jan for applying due to the car loan?

1) PenFed does not have "starter cards". It's the real McCoy or nothing. When she does app for the card she should not sell herself short on the CL she requests.

2) This is a YMMV situation. She most likely will be viewed as having very little credit experience. Generally speaking any issuer wants to see six months experience handling debt before diving in second. On the other hand it is a secured installment debt and not revolving debt and there's a big difference. I would wat the six months, join PenFed and app the card. They may just re-fi the auto loan, too to a much better rate. Income and length of time of the job will most likely be factors as well. Be prepared to prove ANYTHING you put on a PenFed app.

As I have stated before if you have questions regarding a situation call them and ask. Their CS is excellent and they DO NOT BITE!
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a verizon inq at the end of July. and one hard inq to the Chex(which is also said a CB)by PNC .

jmbfl mentioned "last two years"; i've only one year credit history, so I've wait for another year, right?

some posts also suggest penfed would dispise new customers.

in that case i shall apply boa-amex in some weeks and try my luck (EX 698 one denial by amex in April)
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just curious if there's any income level Penfed is looking for. Or if they might reject due to a high ratio of available credit to income? I'm a bit concerned with this due to the posts mentioning proof of income. Thanks.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.