Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get chase freedom ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to get chase freedom ?

Hi guys !!

Well I am desperately looking to get a chase freedom card.

But the problem is I have never recieved any offer from chase ever while I have been flooded by everybody else.

Last year I opened a chase savings and checking account and I was told by the guy that I'm pre approved for chase freedom card at that time but I said know cuz I was working on my credit and could'nt afford any hard pull but know its a different case I was recently approved for citi simplicity for 9k so I'm very hopefull if I get an offer from chase I'll be definitely granted.

My question is how can I check if I'm pre approved or not ?

One more thing I recently added my self to my brother's chase freedom as an AU.

Should I just wait and see ?

Please respond.

Regards.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how to get chase freedom ?

Congrats on the Citi card! Since you recently applied for credit, I'd wait 6 months to have the best chance of getting approved for Freedom if your credit score/history is borderline. If you're not approved you can always start out with a different Chase card to build good payment history with them. If its one of their main cards like Slate, I'm pretty sure you can PC to the Freedom after 12 months. If its a co-branded card like Chase Amazon or Chase BP you can't PC but they take your history with them into account if you're somehow denied again for the Freedom and do a recon. Good luck!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys !!

But the problem is I have never recieved any offer from chase ever while I have been flooded by everybody else.

Last year I opened a chase savings and checking account and I was told by the guy that I'm pre approved for chase freedom card at that time but I said know cuz I was working on my credit and could'nt afford any hard pull but know its a different case I was recently approved for citi simplicity for 9k so I'm very hopefull if I get an offer from chase I'll be definitely granted.

Please respond.

Regards.

First off Congrats on the Citi Card...I have to say your chances of being approved for the Freedom is good since Citi approved you for $9k limit start

Message 3 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys !!

Please respond.

Regards.

Great CL on the CITI Simplicity

I will wait for the CITI to report and when chase looks at your report they will want to compete with CITI. I am a believer that when these big banks look at your full report, having cards from their competitiors with big CL tends to help.

When I got my freedom, I called and they asked me about my usage on the Discover card. Of course i made sure I tell them that's its a discover more (the more competes a lot with the freedom) and if they match my CL or exceed it ,I would use the Chase freedom more Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Wow congrats on the CITI card! CITI is a PRIME lender. If you use it wisely you will have no problems getting approved for the Chase Freedom. Infact, Chase Freedom is probably easier to get then the CITI card. My A card is a Freedom as well. I'm hoping in 2012 at some point I will be able to get it, also.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 5 of 9
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the Citi...
However, this bit kinda concerns me:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am desperately looking to get a chase freedom card.

credit and desperation shouldn't mix.  Leads to bad things.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say apply for it now before the citi shows up. An inq is one thing 9k in brand new credit with no history may be frightening for them. 

Also, if citi gave you that much your scores must be good. Citi usually pulls EQ and Chase usually pulls EX so chase probably wont see the inquiry. 

I applied for one in December and had to call the recon line. I was approved and got the card in time to run some christmas stuff through it.

They're pretty good about recons so I'd give it a whirl now... this of course, is just my opinion.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you guys Smiley Happy

Well i guess i should wait atleast 6months from now to go for chase.

And just for an update my brother called them ( as he as a chase freedom and i'm an AU on that card) and he was told that probably your AU would get a pre approved offer so i'm just gonna sit back relax for six months and if i don't get an offer i'll definitely go for it.

Once again thanks for replies guys.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi usually pulls EQ and Chase usually pulls EX so chase probably wont see the inquiry. 

Heh, it's been the the exacty opposite for me. Citi has always pulled EX, and Chase has pulled EQ.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.