Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to manage Credit Cards

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: how to manage Credit Cards

@Anonymous wrote:
Should add that I dont use these apps for keeping up with payments. More for convenience of viewing all the info at once. Not many cards so not many bills to manage and all payments due on the same date so easy to remember. Smiley Happy But that can be a useful feature if needed.

For those with multiple cards that are having difficulty remembering when each card is due it could be a good idea to change due dates to only two times a month (or one if you don't want to stagger payments).That way it is easy to remember when to check your accounts compared to someone who has several different due dates.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops, sorry about that
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create your own excel. I have one file of several spreadsheets tracking everything important. The whole file is less than 200k. All pros are doing it this way.
Message 13 of 17
happypill
Valued Contributor

I use mint and I also have a spreadsheet with each card and pertinent information like statement date, last CLI, etc.  I'd also recommend setting an auto-pay for the minimum amount on every card & bill that you have, so even if you forget, at least the minimum would get paid on time.  Of course, PIF is best, and definitely try to pay more than the minimum, but auto-pay is there just in case.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Dont have skills to do that on excel
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then you would want to learn those useful skills. Otherwise use pen and paper calendar, old fashion way, and don't open any new card.
The least you can do is to sync all your cards to the same due date. Much easier than having to worry about dues over the span of each month.

Message 16 of 17
Gmood1
Super Contributor

The only negative to the old fashion way, is no real time data updates. Fraudulent charges may not be detected as quickly depending on how one sets up their alerts. Verses having something that updates every hour. One of my coworkers went a month before he realized $2,700 was missing out of one of his bank accounts. It took another month to get it back. If he had a app like mint. He would have known the day it happened. Mint would have detected unusual spending and notified him.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.