cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pay cc bill?

Established Contributor

how to pay cc bill?

I am thinking about getting a cc from a different bank that is not my current one bank. how do i pay for my cc bill?  i would like to pay via debt card from my current bank.

6 REPLIES
Mega Contributor

Re: how to pay cc bill?


ccnewcc wrote:

I am thinking about getting a cc from a different bank that is not my current one bank. how do i pay for my cc bill?  i would like to pay via debt card from my current bank.


You'll need to pay with your checking account more than likely. Most people set it up online with routing and checking acct numbers.

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Established Contributor

Re: how to pay cc bill?


LS2982 wrote:

ccnewcc wrote:

I am thinking about getting a cc from a different bank that is not my current one bank. how do i pay for my cc bill?  i would like to pay via debt card from my current bank.


You'll need to pay with your checking account more than likely. Most people set it up online with routing and checking acct numbers.

 


is that becuase ccc's dont let you pay by debt card?

Mega Contributor

Re: how to pay cc bill?


ccnewcc wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

ccnewcc wrote:

I am thinking about getting a cc from a different bank that is not my current one bank. how do i pay for my cc bill?  i would like to pay via debt card from my current bank.


You'll need to pay with your checking account more than likely. Most people set it up online with routing and checking acct numbers.

 


is that becuase ccc's dont let you pay by debt card?


AFAIK it depends on the creditor. When I had FP I could use my debit card. Any creditor that I have now to my knowledge do not them. I would think if they did take debit cards you would have to call in to do it, and there would more than likely be a fee to do it.

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Valued Contributor

Re: how to pay cc bill?


ccnewcc wrote:

I am thinking about getting a cc from a different bank that is not my current one bank. how do i pay for my cc bill?  i would like to pay via debt card from my current bank.


If you have a debit card from a bank, you will also have an account number and routing number.  If you call your bank on Monday morning I'm sure they would be willing to help you find that information to enter into your credit card online payment system.  If you prefer mail, you can pay by check.

 

If you have some special deal with your debit card where you get cashback or some bonus for using your card frequently, you may not be able to use that for CC payment.  But as LS said above, it may depend on the bank.  In my experience, the easiest way to pay a bill is by entering checking account information in the online system.  Calling your credit card company and asking is probably where you will get the best information for your specific situation.


In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Established Contributor

Re: how to pay cc bill?

there goes my idea of paying with my cash back debit card :/

Mega Contributor

Re: how to pay cc bill?


ccnewcc wrote:

there goes my idea of paying with my cash back debit card :/


It sucks, i was looking forward to that at fist almost 2 years ago but the fees would outweigh the CB.

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16