Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hsbc/orchard platinum mastercard

tag
rsriverrat
Established Member

hsbc/orchard platinum mastercard

i just did the hsbc/orchard pre-approval site and they said i was approved for an orchard platinum MC with a apr of 14.9% however i cant seem to find a CL amount anywhere, is this typical? and what should i expect with sub 600 fico's, or will they actually deny me if i hit accept offer and they do a hard pull with my ficos so low? will this actually be a secured card? i have read the terms and conditions and it doesnt say anything about a secured deposit.

any ideas?

thanks

Ratt

Re-Starting the rebuilding process after a hard few years

Capitol One QS1 - $300 I Fingerhut - $700 I Victoria Secret - $550
Approved 4-6-16 DW's Capitol One QS1 - $300 (AU) I DW's Capitol One Platinum - $400 (AU) I DW's Credit One platinum rewards - $300 (AU)
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: hsbc/orchard platinum mastercard

cl for an Orchard card is typically $300.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rsriverrat wrote:

i just did the hsbc/orchard pre-approval site and they said i was approved for an orchard platinum MC with a apr of 14.9% however i cant seem to find a CL amount anywhere, is this typical? and what should i expect with sub 600 fico's, or will they actually deny me if i hit accept offer and they do a hard pull with my ficos so low? will this actually be a secured card? i have read the terms and conditions and it doesnt say anything about a secured deposit.

any ideas?

thanks

Ratt

Your limit is most likely $72.00 .......well $300 to start with but after you pay the BOGUS processing fee's, maintence fee's, annual fee's, & activation fee's your limit will be a paltry $72.00 or is that First Premier bank or New Millennium that I was thinking about....but in any case they're all the same "platinum in name only" with bogus credit lines.
 King
Message 3 of 16
rsriverrat
Established Member

haha well actually my CL is zero, nada, zilch, after i hit submit they declined me..

guess after having bad credit for 20 yrs, and now having everything paid off, not being able to get it now isnt a big deal, who needs credit anyway.

oh well live and learn i reckon

Ratt

Message Edited by rsriverrat on 07-08-2009 06:43 PM

Approved 4-6-16 DW's Capitol One QS1 - $300 (AU) I DW's Capitol One Platinum - $400 (AU) I DW's Credit One platinum rewards - $300 (AU)
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rsriverrat wrote:

haha well actually my CL is zero, nada, zilch, after i hit submit they declined me..

guess after having bad credit for 20 yrs, and now having everything paid off, not being able to get it now isnt a big deal, who needs credit anyway.

Ratt

Try a credit union you should have better luck there. Good luck...Smiley Winkyou can do better then these cards anyway.

King

Message 5 of 16
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

@rsriverrat wrote:

Ratt

Good thing we all have a sense of humor on this forum!  In any case, someone was looking out for you when they denied you because I am sure you deserve a better card than that one.  Actually we all deserve better no matter how bad our credit is.  Orchard bank should be considered an insult to all human race.

Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 6 of 16
rsriverrat
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Try a credit union you should have better luck there. Good luck...Smiley Winkyou can do better then these cards anyway.

King

actually i went to my local credit unions website tonight and was quite surprised at the features they offer their members, and luckily everyone in our county can become a member even tho it is/was primarily for air force and fed contractors..

not sure about their credit cards, but they have whats called a savings assist loan, where they loan you up to 2k and place it in a savings account with a hold on it to secure the loan, then you make a min payment of 35 dollars at an apr of 5.5% for 42 months..

also their other regular banking services are better then my curent bank, and they have more atm locations also...

so i am going there tomorrow after work..

Ratt

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rsriverrat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

King

actually i went to my local credit unions website tonight and was quite surprised at the features they offer their members, and luckily everyone in our county can become a member even tho it is/was primarily for air force and fed contractors..

not sure about their credit cards, but they have whats called a savings assist loan, where they loan you up to 2k and place it in a savings account with a hold on it to secure the loan, then you make a min payment of 35 dollars at an apr of 5.5% for 42 months..

also their other regular banking services are better then my curent bank, and they have more atm locations also...

so i am going there tomorrow after work..

Ratt

There you go....thatis what you need. That builder loan for 42 months is good,BUT six months into making your payments on time apply for a card and see how fast they issue you a unsecured card because you are building credit and establishing yourself with them. Start there...keep us posted on your progress.

KingSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 16
rsriverrat
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

There you go....thatis what you need. That builder loan for 42 months is good,BUT six months into making your payments on time apply for a card and see how fast they issue you a unsecured card because you are building credit and establishing yourself with them. Start there...keep us posted on your progress.

KingSmiley Wink

i had actually thought about just getting 1k, and paying it off in 6 months instead of the full 2k over 42 months, i can handle 150 a month with no issue.. which do you think would be better, the higher CL paid over a yr or so, or the lower paid off in 6 months?

Ratt

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not get a secured card and use it to build up your credit? As long as you pay the bill, the "security deposit" will always be yours and if the card allows you to convert to unsecured after a year , then you will get your deposit back and have a positive trade line.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.