cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hsbc payment hold: anyone experience this?

tag
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: hsbc payment hold: anyone experience this?

This happened to me with one of my cards as well, not HSBC.  When you pay out of your checking account, I am sure they hold the money to let everything clear and to keep you from running up a balance and going over your limit should the payment come back NSF.   They held the payment 7 days.
Message 11 of 15
future
Frequent Contributor

angiepharm wrote:
is anyone else having problems with hsbc payments posting?  i pay online, and they usually post within the usual 2-3 day time frame.  i did the rush payment, to pif before the end of the statment date, the money has been drawn from my bank account for a week now, but it still states pending on hsbc website.  when i callled, they said that if i read my cardmember agreement, that it states that payments can take up to 14 days!!! has anyone else experienced this?  all of my other payments have gone through fine.  don't know if this is some type of new policy or not.  by the way, i paid the $12.95 rush payment fee 2 days ago, and it is posted to my account now. 

same thing happened to me also.  i think it only does that when you use the rush payment feature.. when i make reg payments everything happens in the time frame that it is suppose to.they need to revamp there rush payment system!!!!!!!!!
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bill was due on Feb. 23. I paid it online on Feb. 22. It told me I had to pay a "rush fee" because it takes 1-2 days to "process" a payment. I have had this card for 4 years. I always pay it right before the due date online. I have never had to pay a rush fee. I called them & asked them what had changed since the last time I made a payment. They said nothing had changed about the way they process payments it is just a new policy.
Any options to fight this???
It is obviously just a way to get more money out of people that actually pay their bills.
Message 13 of 15
treschic
Frequent Contributor

you can pay online, which is free, but it just takes 1-2 days to process, or you can pay online using the rush pay feature which supposedly credits your account that day, although your account balance online will not reflect this change for 1-2 days.  so, you may have just been using the regular online pay feature, which is free. 

my problem, was that my payment didn't post online for 10 days (and i was told it would could take up to 14 days, which i didn't understand what the purpose of the rush feature was if it was going to take 14 days, and not the promised 1-2 days).  i hope this answers your question.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the regular payment method to PIF last week and the payment cleared my bank account last week. It posted to my CC as payment in the 1-2 days as stated( I paid 2/18/09 cleared bank 2/19/09), but this is what they did to me:

HCS places a authorization for $1 less then the payment amount on the account, which in effect freezes the account since nothing is available. I called a received the same BS dot head answer "according to your card member agreement it can take up to 14 days and we can place a hold authorization any time we want." When I pressed and escalated to a supervisor, I was told, "the FED has not released the funds so we placed a authorization on the account."

What a bunch of bull crap:

1st. The payment cleared my account as an ACH payment.

2nd. If the FED did not release the amount then why did my bank account have a debit for the payment and

3rd Why was the authorization in an amount different then the actual payment?

What a bunch of crooks.....

Message Edited by BKed_Rebound on 03-03-2009 02:29 PM
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.