cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

husband getting ready to blow credit????

tag
ima

husband getting ready to blow credit????

Hello, my husband is getting ready to blow his credit...I am on Auth. user on three of his cards...If he does not screw up those three cards and keeps payments up on them and not the rest...my credit should be fine right?? I am not on his other cards.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: husband getting ready to blow credit????

@ima wrote:

Hello, my husband is getting ready to blow his credit...I am on Auth. user on three of his cards...If he does not screw up those three cards and keeps payments up on them and not the rest...my credit should be fine right?? I am not on his other cards.

If these accounts are close to limit rather he pays them or not you might want to consider removing yourself and either getting your own or just continuing with your own credit cards.

Message 2 of 8
Blurbz
Contributor

As long as those cards stay good, you're fine. If he's really about to blow it, though, I'd probably remove myself from those accounts. What is he doing?
Message 3 of 8
boomhower
Valued Contributor

You need to jerk his chain and get him to straighten up.  What exactly is he doing to blow up his credit?

Message 4 of 8
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

You need to jerk his chain and get him to straighten up.  What exactly is he doing to blow up his credit?

You don't know enough to say that!  There are times where maintaining credit is not the highest priority.

Message 5 of 8
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I remember blowing my credit and kept blowing it. Phone blowing up like crazy! I used to answer the phone yelling. Then bankruptcy...BOOM! Shutdown! It's amazing how absolutely powerful bankruptcy is. Absolute silence broke out. But with great power comes great devastation. Make sure he is sure it is the truly right time. Not advocating for BK by any means but it does serve a very powerful purpose. I never let my checks get garnished. I watched my mom nearly have a nervous breakdown when her checks were garnished when I was a little girl. My mom almost committed suicide. We were eating bags of potatoes and beens and weenies for weeks. So when they said those words to me, "we have the judgement and will garnish"...I jumped up and found a lawyer.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 8
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

You don't know enough to say that!  There are times where maintaining credit is not the highest priority.

Very true.  The tone of the OP's post didn't lead me to believe that it was due to a hardship.  If so, I retract my statement. 

Message 7 of 8
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Please tell us what he is about to do so we can give you more appropriate responses. "Blowing credit," can mean maxing out a $500 CC to one user on here & it can mean maxing out a $45,000 CC to another user on here.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.