cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am so mad right now! 10% min payment with nordstrom?

tag
johnpalley
Established Contributor

Re: i am so mad right now! 10% min payment with nordstrom?

lol, wolf, put it like this, i got unpaid charge offs with bofa,chase,amex,discover,and cap one, so i cant get a card with most of the big banks. im thinkin usaa, barclays, and citi

would everyone here agree that i could apply for the usaa card in 6 months? if so then my plan is still in place

Message 11 of 62
jforsyth
Regular Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

jfors, thats the thing, i messed up bad. i just applied for a bunch of cards at the same time and got 5 inquiries. before that i had none. realistically how long do i have to wait now to apply for the usaa card?

The inquiries won't be regarded in your FICO scoring after a year, but they'll remain on your reports for 2 years.

Five inquiries is a fairly moderate amount. It's not low, but it's not all too high either. I would go ahead and check your reports. Even if you applied at 5 different places, each individual creditor might have only hit a single bureau on their pull. Thus, you might have less than 5 inquiries on the bureau that USAA is known to pull first (which is Equifax).

I'd wait at least 6 months. Preferably 9 months to a year (for aging purposes along with the inquiries falling off. Inquiries don't hurt as much as you might think, but aging can really help).

EQ FAKO: 779 (03/26/15)
TU FAKO: 785(03/26/15)
Citi Double Cash | Citi Forward | BankAmericard Cash Rewards | Amex Zync
Message 12 of 62
johnpalley
Established Contributor

thanks jfor, all the inq were on equifax. tell you the truth i was more afraid of a new 6 month old account hurting me then i was about the inq but in your opinion i wont get turned down for a new account?

Message 13 of 62
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@johnpalley wrote:

lol, wolf, put it like this, i got unpaid charge offs with bofa,chase,amex,discover,and cap one, so i cant get a card with most of the big banks. im thinkin usaa, barclays, and citi

would everyone here agree that i could apply for the usaa card in 6 months? if so then my plan is still in place

I would wait a year. Patience is a very important part of credit management.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 14 of 62
johnpalley
Established Contributor

marin, are you sayin wait a year mostly because of the new account or the inquiries?

Message 15 of 62
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@johnpalley wrote:

marin, are you sayin wait a year mostly because of the new account or the inquiries?

Both. Let everything settle out. IMO in a year lenders will be much less likely to be nervous if they see you haven't applied for any new credit in awhile.

But that's just what I would do. Only you can decide what is best for you.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 16 of 62
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i hear you marin, thanks.  damn you noooooooooordstrommmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 17 of 62
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

>"put it like this, i got unpaid charge offs with bofa,chase,amex,discover,and cap one"

How old are those charge offs? I'm surprised at a Nordstrom approval -- what limit and rate did they give you? If they are relaxing their standards, people here might be interested to know.

Considering your situation, I would definitely keep it. Supposedly they are good about upgrading to Visa with 6 months or so of positive store card history.  If nothing else, just don't use it and let the available credit help your utilization.

Message 18 of 62
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i dont know what the interest rate is but i got all my charge offs deleted from my eq report so they never saw them.i did still have an unpaid $1500 judgement from 06 that they did see. on the other reports all charge offs will fall off next year cause thats 7 years. they gave me a $2000 limit with a 675 score. 

Message 19 of 62
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I am sorry for asking dumb question, but what's wrong with 10% min payment?

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 20 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.