i burned these banks...

tag
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

Re: i burned these banks...

@learnin113 wrote:

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

about 5 years ago i burned cap1, GEMB, and hsbc and since then they all gave me another chance with them for credit cards. but i also must say that i will soon get rid of some of those banks at some point since i am getting prime cards now. but i must thank them for giving me another chance at credit

That's more than AMEX will do unless you pay them back (and maybe not even then). Once you burn them, they have a memory like an elephant, they don't forget what you did. Hard for me to blame them, honestly. But that is awesome these other banks gave you another chance.

Chase too. Smiley Sad

Yeah, I know.

personally I have burned a number of them and I did it not once but twice. I take responsibility for the first time, as I was young and a bit irresponsible but that was fullyl my fault. The second time I take plenty of the blame, but I did get laid off after 9/11 which destroyed my situation which wasn't my fault. I found that no one really cares whether it was all your fault or not they just want their money.

The first time I burned Discover so there will nevermore be a More card in my future (bad pun there).

The second time around I burned Chase and AMEX (and a few others) and they both blacklist and don't forgive.

So I'm personally blacklisted with Discover, Chase and AMEX. And those are the ones I know about, there could be more. I also burned Sears the first time through which I don't know who has their stuff now but I heard they never forgive either.

That's part of why I never carry a balance now and am so fanatical about paying right after I buy. It honestly BOTHERS me to use CCs because for so many years I just used debit cards, but the security risks are too high to do that (they can drain your checking account) so do you need credit, for that and other reasons as you know. But it bothers me I can't just pay the bill right away I have to wait. 

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.