Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i don't understand!

tag
neesh
New Contributor

i don't understand!

hello everyone,

It's been a while since I have been on here but I pulled my credit report today from Equifax and I notice that my score was drastically different than what it was two months ago.  There have been no changes and I have been gardening my credit.  I don't understand why my score has changed. I noticed that equifax.com has a new look and things look different.  Are these scores legitimate!  I hope not because I have worked so hard to get my scores up and to see it change back makes me litterally sick to the stomach.  What's up with the new equifax score...Robot Sad

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: i don't understand!

When you say gardening, have you been closing some of your accounts? That could effect you neg depending on if it was your oldest TL or if the CL was helping with your overall util.

Message 2 of 8
neesh
New Contributor

what i mean to say is that I have been at a standstill. I hav acquired all the credit cards that I need and I have not done anything differently. I always pay in full on credit cards and I have not opened or closed any accounts.  I just don't understand why my score has dropped so dramatically.  Is equifax using a different scoring model now.  fico 08..

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is your score before ?

what is your score now? so someone here can give you their opinion

tx

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure it's a fico score?  make sure it says fico otherwise it's not your real score.  They are offering a risk score now so if your not paying full attention you could have signed up for eq's new fako.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you sure it's a fico score?  make sure it says fico otherwise it's not your real score.  They are offering a risk score now so if your not paying full attention you could have signed up for eq's new fako.

+1

Message 6 of 8
neesh
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

beammeup and all of you who responded thank you so much for clearing this up for me.  Okay so I have just spent money on equifax to get a score that is basically useless to me...so with that being said if I purchase my score from myfico will it be my fico score and not a risk score?  I will wait to get a response before I actually purchase my score.  Thanks to everyone who responded....u guys are the best.

Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes myfico is true fico

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.