Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i dont get discover

tag
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

i dont get discover

applied for the discover it card got it pretty quickly they gave me a 1k cl and a 24.99 apr totally not in line with any other lines i have but i got the fico score they pulled says tu at 750. on the website it says they could not approve me for their best offer i am just in shock when i saw my tu score and this toy limit mm i just dont get them

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: i dont get discover

Hmm what are your other cards like?
Try calling new accounts department and ask them I suppose. They started me out with a decent limit which I was surprised since a lot of people said discover are stingy with their CLs
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 17
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

They did the same to me. My APR has never changed but they are good about giving small auto increases.

Message 3 of 17
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

NAVY CASHREWARDS 20k
CITI DIAMOND  6k
BESTBUY 1.94k
CITI DIVIDEN 5K
BOA 10K
SALLIE MAE 10K
AMEX BCP 8K
AMEX PRG GOLD NO PRESET LIMIT
CHASE UNITED 6K
CHASE SP 8K
CHASE AMAZON 5K
LOWES 5.3K
WALMART 2.5K
WELLS FARGO 3K
FNBO AMEX 6K

just a small list

Message 4 of 17
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

yea i mean i pif all the time anyways just a small limit means if i spend on it its going to look like i max the card out haha

Message 5 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

U have a very nice list of cards... Doesn't make sense why they are giving u a low CL. Try calling new accounts department and appeal it I suppose. Are any of your cards reporting a high utilization?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 17
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

just mny best buy its a plan b card and i use it for the no intrest finance no hurry to pay it off

Message 7 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

Try calling then for sure. If anything you should have gotten a higher CL than I got
Message 9 of 17
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

yea i will and see what they have to say... its kinda weird i know i will report back here and let you guys know what they say

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.