tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: i dont get discover

Message 11 of 17
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

good luck and looking forward to the result. assume it was manual review? it seems to me the system auto approvals are higher.
Message 12 of 17
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

no it was an auto approval and they said they are very conservative they saw a few new accounts i have opened like 4 and they said they where kind of scared to offer anything more the lady at the recon dept was very nice but there was nothing she could do they said i would need to build a 'relationship with them"

Message 13 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

There's 14 months 0% apr though so that's a good amount of time to build relationship and have the apr lowered by the time the offer ends I suppose
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 17
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Discover can be unpredictable that way.  

After all the posts I've read about their initial CLs and the circumstances, it almost seems that if you have mostly 0 balances and not a lot of high payment amounts (ie: you don't use much of your credit), they feel you won't use their card, so they give a low limit compared to what you'd expect. 

They DO like usage however.  If you use it, esp if you use "Shop Discover" through your account page (which you might find interesting, I did, saved me quite a bit so far), you'll probably get impressive CLIs later.   JM2C.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 15 of 17
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

What is your CL/Income ratio? Maybe they are wary of extending too much credit if you are near 1/1?

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 16 of 17
Indo
New Contributor

My Discover card was my very first credit card. I've gone from a $500 CL to $1.5k - coming from a student I think it's pretty good.

I barely use my discover card now except for rotating categories. The only time they've ever auto CLI my account is when I make heavy use of it. If it ignore it they don't do anything.

Make use of the card and they'll give you a CLI every so often.

Starting Score: 673 EQ(2014)
Current Score: 784 EQ(2022)
Goal Score: 750+

Current cards: AmEx Gold (NPSL), Discover It ($17,000), Barclaycard Rewards ($15,600), Amazon Prime Rewards ($25,200), Apple Card ($15,500), AmEx Blue Business Plus ($30,000), Rakuten Visa ($8,000), My Best Buy ($15,000)
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.