Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have 604 EQ score .

tag
murat
Contributor

i have 604 EQ score .

i have 604 Eq fico score and 6 months credit history.i have 3 cc and % 70 utili.i applied for 4 cc and all dined.i dont know how to open new account.i need help.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Coldness
Contributor

Re: i have 604 EQ score .

Short answer: don't open any new accounts. Pay off your utilization to below 10% and use those cards wisely for at least a full year. If you have any late payments, collections, or any other kind of negative things on your reports, you'll probably want to wait more like 2-3+ years. 

If you must open an account before then, your best bet is a secured card (ie give the bank $500, they give you a $500 credit limit card - usually refunded if the account is closed later on in good standing). 

Message 2 of 30
murat
Contributor

i have no collection no late payments.clean report but too new i think.

Message 3 of 30
Coldness
Contributor

That's very good then - make sure you keep a perfect payment history. If you're looking to get a good card, though, it will take time - usually at least a full year after your credit is established. It may be worth it to look in to a secured card though - building a relationship with a major bank this way can sometimes lead to your earlier then normal approval for an unsecured 'better' card. 

Message 4 of 30
murat
Contributor

i have a bank of america secured card with 300 limit.capital one 500 and orchard bank 300 limit.

Message 5 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@murat wrote:

i have a bank of america secured card with 300 limit.capital one 500 and orchard bank 300 limit.

6 months is enough history to start getting some better cards but not when you are not handling current cards well, and having 3 very small credit lines that are almost maxed out is a big Red Flag for another bank to issue you a card let alone a card with a decent limit.

You need to pay these 3 cards off and let it update to your credit report and then look at something like Amex Zync, Citi Forward, Walmart or other GE backed store cards.

Message 6 of 30
murat
Contributor

I applied discover capitalone auto loan citi platinum Walmart card and all declined.
Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to stop applying for more credit, you are racking up too many inquiries for such a short time period and making yourself look desperate, especially considering your utilization.  6 months of history can be enough for some decent cards, if you didn't have such high utilization with so many inquiries.  I would suggest making no more inquiries for 6 months and getting your reported utilization to be less than 10%.  It would then be a good idea to check your score again so you can figure out what you likely qualify for and what would best suite you.

Message 8 of 30
murat
Contributor

After 6 months what card should I apply?
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@murat wrote:
After 6 months what card should I apply?

It will depend on exactly what your score is and what type of card that you want.  I'd recommend an Amex charge card, like the Zync or Green.  But it will depend on what you're looking for.  You have 6 months to shop around and find the right card, don't worry about it too much right now.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.