Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a complicated situation with a purchase made with Upromise card

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

i have a complicated situation with a purchase made with Upromise card

So now I think i have to dispute the charge.. and I don't know if i can do that.. and how good my chance is to get my money back.. i am pretty upseet now..

Here is the story.

I placed an order on Bestbuy.com, it was a laptop. 299.99$.. along with the purchase, a free gift item was added on my order automatically. (365 office, original cost 69.99$)

So my order was cancelled due to the laptop was not in stock anymore.. BUT the office 365 was shipped to me and I WAS CHARGED for an item that I did not intend to purchase originally.. 

So I thought.. ok.. i will just return it or refuse the package if i can and get my money back... but THEN UPS did not deliver to my address even WHEN I WAS AT HOME.. i called UPS and they said that the package was shown delivered at the leasing office.. but the leasing office does not have it. I believe that day UPS did go to the office, because my another package was delivered in the office at that day when the 365 office was delivered (or said to be delivered)..

So now I don't have the 365 office to return and I got charged for soemthing that I did not even intend to buy... UPS asked me to file a claim.. and i am not even sure how long that will take and not sure how much they will even reimburse me even if they investigate and think that oh the package got lost.....

Can I dispute the charge with Barclay? I used upromise WMC to make this order online...

ANY COMMENTS WILL HELP.. MANY THANKS!

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: i have a complicated situation with a purchase made with Upromise card

@Christina_xyt wrote:

So now I think i have to dispute the charge.. and I don't know if i can do that.. and how good my chance is to get my money back.. i am pretty upseet now..

Here is the story.

I placed an order on Bestbuy.com, it was a laptop. 299.99$.. along with the purchase, a free gift item was added on my order automatically. (365 office, original cost 69.99$)

So my order was cancelled due to the laptop was not in stock anymore.. BUT the office 365 was shipped to me and I WAS CHARGED for an item that I did not intend to purchase originally.. 

So I thought.. ok.. i will just return it or refuse the package if i can and get my money back... but THEN UPS did not deliver to my address even WHEN I WAS AT HOME.. i called UPS and they said that the package was shown delivered at the leasing office.. but the leasing office does not have it. I believe that day UPS did go to the office, because my another package was delivered in the office at that day when the 365 office was delivered (or said to be delivered)..

So now I don't have the 365 office to return and I got charged for soemthing that I did not even intend to buy... UPS asked me to file a claim.. and i am not even sure how long that will take and not sure how much they will even reimburse me even if they investigate and think that oh the package got lost.....

Can I dispute the charge with Barclay? I used upromise WMC to make this order online...

ANY COMMENTS WILL HELP.. MANY THANKS!

I would wait until UPS completes their investigation to take any further action.

Message 2 of 10
Callandra
Valued Contributor

I agree with Nixon -- let UPS investigate (you've checked and double checked with the leasing office too, right?) before going further. You could also try calling Best Buy and complaining that you didn't purchase the 365 and it's their fault for sending it to you and you want to be refunded (this happened where I work where we accidentally charged someone for something and we wound up refunding it and letting them keep the item). 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 3 of 10
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@Callandra wrote:

I agree with Nixon -- let UPS investigate (you've checked and double checked with the leasing office too, right?) before going further. You could also try calling Best Buy and complaining that you didn't purchase the 365 and it's their fault for sending it to you and you want to be refunded (this happened where I work where we accidentally charged someone for something and we wound up refunding it and letting them keep the item). 

Thats what I am thinking to do next...

Not sure how things will go with BESTBUY.. never had other issues before.. hopefully their customer services are good..

I just don't know how long ups will investigate.. it is such a pain to wait.. 

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 4 of 10
squirrely2005
Contributor

I worked in QVC customer service for awhile and what usually happens is if you don't get something we refund or send a replacement. Showed delivered to front porch and 10am and you didn't get it no problem. Showed delivered to your office at back door didn't get it you're good. All I'm saying is normally the company you purchase from has insurance on the shipping on their end. Even if the shipping was free. I'm Best Buy will make it right. I know I would. Simply refund you and send you the free gift. Thankfully I don't have do CS anymore and I'm an electrician now though. Haha
Anyway you'll be alright.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm surprised no one has suggested this yet... I'd talk to Barclay over livechat.  Let them know the situation, that you were charged for something that you didn't want, that it never arrived.

Ask them for their suggestion on how to handle the situation.  

Let them know that you are first going through UPS to try to track down the package, then through Best Buy. If that fails, you would like to dispute the payment, unless they would rather intervene at this stage and save you the headache.

Make sure you take a screen capture of the chat for reference!

Message 6 of 10
itguy_65
Frequent Contributor

Call the vendor, tell them the package was lost, you never received it, and ask what their procedure is.  Some vendors require you to wait for an investigation, while others will simply credit the purchase when you call.  As a rule, UPS doesn't really do much until the vendor gets involved.

EQ (3/24/17): 820 TU (3/24/17): 799 EX (3/24/17): 806
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@itguy_65 wrote:

Call the vendor, tell them the package was lost, you never received it, and ask what their procedure is.  Some vendors require you to wait for an investigation, while others will simply credit the purchase when you call.  As a rule, UPS doesn't really do much until the vendor gets involved.

I agree with this..

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I was in that situation, I would call best buy asap, and let them know i've never received the package, because by the time the delivery service is done with the investigation, and tell you that the package is lost for good, bestbuy might tell you that it's too late to file the claim. Because once bestbuy knows that the package is lost, they might pressure the shipping company to prioritize the investigation or refund you the money sooner.
Remember shipping isn't usually the receiver's problem but the sender's.
Message 9 of 10
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

Call Best Buy customer service and explain situation and ask them for resolution. If they are unable to do anything, then call Barclay. Remember to save all documentation and write down dates, times, names of all correspondance. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.