Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have no idea...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: i have no idea...

wow. ok. there r three variations of my name n numbers.

Message 11 of 15
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@TheGardner wrote:

I suggest only getting 1-2 cards this way.. These boards are full of posters with regret over using this method.. You will destroy your AAoA for several low limit store cards that you will likely barely use. Most don't even have decent rewards programs, just high interest rates ensuring there is no reason to ever use thier cards.

1-2 to start revolving history is your best bet, then work on removing derogs and getting Visa/MCs from capital one. Then Barclays once your at 630 or so..

Good luck!

Agreed... I'll never use the SCT because I don't need garbage toy limit store cards.

Best Buy and Nordstrom are my two store cards... both with nice limits and can be PCed to MC/VISA.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

wow. ok. there r three variations of my name n numbers.

You need to get those fixed. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with above poster. Get maximum 2 cards with SCT. Preferably one. In addition:
Ask yourself if you shop there? If you don't, you shouldn't be getting their card.

Does the card get rewards?

Can it be converted to a mastercard or visa later on and get a cli or is the initial $200-$300 limit store card what you are stuck with forever?
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRC_WA wrote:

@TheGardner wrote:

I suggest only getting 1-2 cards this way.. These boards are full of posters with regret over using this method.. You will destroy your AAoA for several low limit store cards that you will likely barely use. Most don't even have decent rewards programs, just high interest rates ensuring there is no reason to ever use thier cards.

1-2 to start revolving history is your best bet, then work on removing derogs and getting Visa/MCs from capital one. Then Barclays once your at 630 or so..

Good luck!

Agreed... I'll never use the SCT because I don't need garbage toy limit store cards.

Best Buy and Nordstrom are my two store cards... both with nice limits and can be PCed to MC/VISA.

If only everyone thought this way..

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.