cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have no idea...

Re: i have no idea...

wow. ok. there r three variations of my name n numbers.

Message 11 of 15
Senior Contributor

TheGardner wrote:

I suggest only getting 1-2 cards this way.. These boards are full of posters with regret over using this method.. You will destroy your AAoA for several low limit store cards that you will likely barely use. Most don't even have decent rewards programs, just high interest rates ensuring there is no reason to ever use thier cards.

1-2 to start revolving history is your best bet, then work on removing derogs and getting Visa/MCs from capital one. Then Barclays once your at 630 or so..

Good luck!

Agreed... I'll never use the SCT because I don't need garbage toy limit store cards.

Best Buy and Nordstrom are my two store cards... both with nice limits and can be PCed to MC/VISA.

2015 Dodge Challenger RT @ 4.49% opened: 1/15 $5k in student loans opened: 3/01 AAoA: 5.5 years
myFICO 5-5-16 EQ: 730 EX: 738 TU: 733 / CC UTI: 32% / Gardening since: 3-25-15
Message 12 of 15

legendary70 wrote:

wow. ok. there r three variations of my name n numbers.

You need to get those fixed. 

Message 13 of 15
Established Contributor

Agreed with above poster. Get maximum 2 cards with SCT. Preferably one. In addition:
Ask yourself if you shop there? If you don't, you shouldn't be getting their card.

Does the card get rewards?

Can it be converted to a mastercard or visa later on and get a cli or is the initial $200-$300 limit store card what you are stuck with forever?
Message 14 of 15
Super Contributor

TRC_WA wrote:

TheGardner wrote:

I suggest only getting 1-2 cards this way.. These boards are full of posters with regret over using this method.. You will destroy your AAoA for several low limit store cards that you will likely barely use. Most don't even have decent rewards programs, just high interest rates ensuring there is no reason to ever use thier cards.

1-2 to start revolving history is your best bet, then work on removing derogs and getting Visa/MCs from capital one. Then Barclays once your at 630 or so..

Good luck!

Agreed... I'll never use the SCT because I don't need garbage toy limit store cards.

Best Buy and Nordstrom are my two store cards... both with nice limits and can be PCed to MC/VISA.

If only everyone thought this way..

EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Message 15 of 15