cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i just applied for the new us bank club carlson premier rewards card.

tag
djrez4
Established Contributor

Re: i just applied for the new us bank club carlson premier rewards card.

Elephants have long memories.

Message 11 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@djrez4 wrote:

Bull it's going to replace the SPG.  The value of the SPG is in the points and the transferability of them.

Carlson points aren't worth nearly as much as Starwood points and they don't have transfer bonuses.  Starwood points transfer to United, for example, with a 5000 point bonus on a 20,000 point redemption.  For Club Carlson points, you have to transfer 10,000 points to get 1,250 airline miles.  So, each Starwood point is worth 1.25 airline miles.  Each Carlson point is worth 1/8 of an airline mile.  You have to earn 10x as many Carlson points as Starwood points to get the same value.

+1. While this card is great, SPG maintains an edge in transferability and breadth of locations at the higher end. Raddison has some nice Blu properties in Europe, but in most other places they are lacking when compared to Starwood.

+2  Starwood is the best hotel card, second would be the Hilton Surpass because it has bonus categories like Groceries where you can rack up extra points.

Starwood's major problem is the forex charges incurred when using it overseas. The fact that you can't even use it at a SPG property in another country without being slapped with forex is mind-boggling. If they eliminated forex charges from the SPG I'd apply immediately. Forex charges are what keeps me from most applying for most Amex products.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 13
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

i am still waiting i called today and they said the application is under review dont know why its taking so long.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.