cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i just applied for the new us bank club carlson premier rewards card.

Regular Contributor

i just applied for the new us bank club carlson premier rewards card.

i am gold elite with club calrson and just applied to for the new club carlson card has anyone every applied for this.  they didnt instantly approve but i have been reading on this and i guess they dont give a lot of people instant approvals anyone have any information on this card or this bank. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES
Blogger

Re: i just applied for the new us bank club carlson premier rewards card.

US Bank is known to be very conservative, but generous at the same time. The Club Carlson Premier card, which has been recently launched, has the potential to replace the SPG as the best hotel rewards card on the market IMO.

Message 2 of 13
Regular Contributor

Re: i just applied for the new us bank club carlson premier rewards card.

do they not give a lot of instant approvals.

Message 3 of 13
Senior Contributor

Re: i just applied for the new us bank club carlson premier rewards card.

Oooooo the rewards are really nice like HiLine said it does have the potential to replace SPG. My dad and sister applied as a joint on a US Bank cc and didnt get a instant approval either. It wasn't until 4 or 5 days later that they notified them the approval via e-mail. You still have hope US Bank is an excellent bank!

Discharged on 7/11/16
Gardening Since 12/01/2017
Message 4 of 13
Contributor

Re: i just applied for the new us bank club carlson premier rewards card.


lakerfan2011 wrote:

i am gold elite with club calrson and just applied to for the new club carlson card has anyone every applied for this.  they didnt instantly approve but i have been reading on this and i guess they dont give a lot of people instant approvals anyone have any information on this card or this bank. 


US Bank is a very good bank.. I have my personal accounts with them and I have their Cash + account I love that card.  I just found out about this card due to your post. I did some reading up on it... here....... http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credit/compare.do

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 5 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: i just applied for the new us bank club carlson premier rewards card.

Bull it's going to replace the SPG.  The value of the SPG is in the points and the transferability of them.

 

Carlson points aren't worth nearly as much as Starwood points and they don't have transfer bonuses.  Starwood points transfer to United, for example, with a 5000 point bonus on a 20,000 point redemption.  For Club Carlson points, you have to transfer 10,000 points to get 1,250 airline miles.  So, each Starwood point is worth 1.25 airline miles.  Each Carlson point is worth 1/8 of an airline mile.  You have to earn 10x as many Carlson points as Starwood points to get the same value.

Message 6 of 13
Valued Contributor

Re: i just applied for the new us bank club carlson premier rewards card.


djrez4 wrote:

Bull it's going to replace the SPG.  The value of the SPG is in the points and the transferability of them.

 

Carlson points aren't worth nearly as much as Starwood points and they don't have transfer bonuses.  Starwood points transfer to United, for example, with a 5000 point bonus on a 20,000 point redemption.  For Club Carlson points, you have to transfer 10,000 points to get 1,250 airline miles.  So, each Starwood point is worth 1.25 airline miles.  Each Carlson point is worth 1/8 of an airline mile.  You have to earn 10x as many Carlson points as Starwood points to get the same value.


+1. While this card is great, SPG maintains an edge in transferability and breadth of locations at the higher end. Raddison has some nice Blu properties in Europe, but in most other places they are lacking when compared to Starwood.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 7 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: i just applied for the new us bank club carlson premier rewards card.


CreditScholar wrote:

djrez4 wrote:

Bull it's going to replace the SPG.  The value of the SPG is in the points and the transferability of them.

 

Carlson points aren't worth nearly as much as Starwood points and they don't have transfer bonuses.  Starwood points transfer to United, for example, with a 5000 point bonus on a 20,000 point redemption.  For Club Carlson points, you have to transfer 10,000 points to get 1,250 airline miles.  So, each Starwood point is worth 1.25 airline miles.  Each Carlson point is worth 1/8 of an airline mile.  You have to earn 10x as many Carlson points as Starwood points to get the same value.


+1. While this card is great, SPG maintains an edge in transferability and breadth of locations at the higher end. Raddison has some nice Blu properties in Europe, but in most other places they are lacking when compared to Starwood.

+2  Starwood is the best hotel card, second would be the Hilton Surpass because it has bonus categories like Groceries where you can rack up extra points.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 8 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: i just applied for the new us bank club carlson premier rewards card.

i luv US Bank . lol

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 9 of 13
Regular Contributor

Re: i just applied for the new us bank club carlson premier rewards card.

So they didn't auto approve me because I had a us bank charge from 97 I forgot all about that but they put it up for reconsider they it will take 2 to four days
Message 10 of 13