cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i keep getting these stupid invites for the amex green card is there anything good about this card

tag
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

i keep getting these stupid invites for the amex green card is there anything good about this card

i keep getting these invities to apply for the reg green or gold card is there anything good  about these cards?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: i keep getting these stupid invites for the amex green card is there anything good about this ca

Yes they are good. Zync is good too. They are a charge card so you have to pay in full every month. They have no pre set limit and your use on the card is not factored into your utilization for.fico purposes. Have you gone to American express website to look at the card benefits?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 7
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Re: i keep getting these stupid invites for the amex green card is there anything good about this ca

There is lots of good about these cards. Just do a search around the site. There is plenty of information regarding AMEX charge cards. These are charge cards and they have great rewards, protections, and spending ability. Not to mention the security and the name brand that represents AMEX.

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 3 of 7
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

If you go to the.thread called amex charge card spending; you'll see how.we use our charge cards. Mine replaced my.debit card for.everyday purchases.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another one of these threads....ok.  There are plenty of good benefits that go with any Amex, especially charge cards.  All it takes is a few minutes looking through the Amex website and you should be able to figure out most of the benefits and the rewards.  Regular MR points that can be transferred to other programs can be quite valuable if used in certain ways.

Message 5 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

i keep getting these invities to apply for the reg green or gold card is there anything good  about these cards?

AMEX charge cards are awesome because of NPSL and does not factor in your overall utilization for FICO scoring. Would def. recommend it if you feel you are responsible enough to PFI every month, as that is a requirement with the card.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx cards rock, I have the Platinum card and I love it!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.