cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i'm Considering applying for Chase Freedom CC, who they pull?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: i'm Considering applying for Chase Freedom CC, who they pull?

@wilson382 wrote:

i can ask for reconsideration and ask for increase it right away. If somehow they approved with a limit not acceptable for me and they not able to give me a better offer,I say I dont want that limit, what will happen? Do they remove the hard inquiry they just pull from my credit report or im forced to take whatever they approved me for? 

When you ask for a reconsideration or re-review, you will likely incur another HP with no guarantee of a CLI - it would depend on a number of factors.

An item to keep in mind, if you are approved and nothing has substantially changed on your profile from the original application, then chances for a CLI will be slim.  If you're not "satisfied" even with a counter-offer, then there's really not much you can do.  Let's face it, if you don't feel your profile justifies getting the highest CL, then don't apply until your profile is more optimal.  Moreover, Chase will not remove the 2nd HP - you're technically applying for additional credit.

Message 31 of 44
wilson382
New Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Recons with Chase are 99.99% HP's. They will not remove the first or subsequent HP's. It's best to app when you are ready to accept the CL given

Do you mean they will HP's twice if i recon? or You mean for the cc app they do a soft pull and for recon HP?

Message 32 of 44
myjourney
Super Contributor

@wilson382 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Recons with Chase are 99.99% HP's. They will not remove the first or subsequent HP's. It's best to app when you are ready to accept the CL given

Do you mean they will HP's twice if i recon? or You mean for the cc app they do a soft pull and for recon HP?

App HP Recon HP =2

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 33 of 44
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

There is no sp for apping or in this case recon for CLI. It would be a hp for the app and a hp for reconning the CL
Message 34 of 44
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wilson382 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

As Lexie mentioned, they will HP a 2nd time.  First HP will not be used for a reconsideration as that is associated wit the original application.  No SPs, sorry.  Chose wisely.  You can also incur up to 3 HPs - if your profile is borderline or an alternate CR is required, your 1st app may incur 2 HPs.  Add the recon, 3rd HP.

Message 35 of 44
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar

Forgot about the possibility of being double pulled.
Message 36 of 44
wilson382
New Contributor

WooW that is Sooo not Cool

Message 37 of 44
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wilson382 wrote:

WooW that is Sooo not Cool

Well, you're applying for credit... with Chase!  That's just the way things work with them.  Again, pick your battles.  Now, someone with excellent credit will get away with a very high CL and only one HP.  So weigh your options to determine if it's worth it in the end.

Message 38 of 44
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
@FinStar

Forgot about the possibility of being double pulled.

Just like a "Daily Double" category from Jeopardy... only the answer will be... What is borderline approval Alex?  LOL  Robot surprised

Message 39 of 44
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Take the limit that they give you, use the card, and ask for a cli in 6 months. They will take care of you--as long as your CRs are optimal when you apply.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.