cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i missed a payment for one of my card!

tag
aupperk24

i missed a payment for one of my card!

experian reported 30 days late Smiley Sad it was like 2 dollars of interest that I didn't see. I paid everything off and thought I was done with paying off my debt but the next month charged me a $2 interest fee and I didn't check because I thought I had paid everything off.

This is for my capital one card. Am i screwed for like 7 years?

Chase Freedom - $6000 Amex Blue Cash - $2000 CLI-> $6000 (4/2/13) CLI --> $18,000(9/14/13) Capital One Visa - $750 Shell Card - $300 (Closed) Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5000 (Accepted 6/29/13) Discover IT (Accepted 7/03/2013)
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: i missed a payment for one of my card!

oh no!!! You cant dispute because its LEGIT, but maybe others have gone through the same and have been able to remove?? Anyone gone through this type of situation??

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 33
theeurotuner
Valued Member

Re: I missed a payment for one of my card!

My friend just went through this with his cash rewards capi one. He called customer service 20x until one person just took the 3 or so dollars payment and predated it, by doing that the next time the card reported it was current. I will see him in the morning and ask if there was a specific number he called or was it just customer service. I'll get back to you, in the meantime call cap one and see if there's anything they can do.

Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 3 of 33
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Call Cap1 and explain the situation. The first rep will probably tell you there's nothing they can do. Ask for a manager and try again. They probably won't help either. If not send a very polite email to the executive office explaining what happened and ask if there's anything they can do since you didn't realize you had anything due. Thank them for their consideration.

Good luck
Message 4 of 33
aupperk24

rep and supervisor said nothing they can do Smiley Sad 

How much would this affect my credit? does it fade as time pass?

Chase Freedom - $6000 Amex Blue Cash - $2000 CLI-> $6000 (4/2/13) CLI --> $18,000(9/14/13) Capital One Visa - $750 Shell Card - $300 (Closed) Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5000 (Accepted 6/29/13) Discover IT (Accepted 7/03/2013)
Message 5 of 33
hayabusa

Rule 1 of credit cards

ALWAYS ALWAYS SET automatic payments for atleast the minmum on ALL your cards.

Rule 2

ALWAYS set atleast $20-50 to each card you use often from your bank's end. If one screws up the other will cover it.

Message 6 of 33
Tanyasf
Established Member

It's your fault .Don't it happen again 

I'm not an American and i will never be
Message 7 of 33
aupperk24

Can you explain the 2nd rule? 

@hayabusa wrote:

Rule 1 of credit cards

Rule 2

ALWAYS set atleast $20-50 to each card you use often from your bank's end. If one screws up the other will cover it.

Message 8 of 33
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@aupperk24 wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

Rule 1 of credit cards

Rule 2

Autopay on the lenders website sets up a process where the credit card company pulls a payment from the bank.

Rule 2 here is a backup, the other way.  Your bank pushes a small payment to the credit card company.

Message 9 of 33
hayabusa

@aupperk24 wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

Rule 1 of credit cards

Rule 2

Set automatic payments with the credit card company AND your bank to your credit card.

So if your banking with Chase you can set payments automatically to send $50 etc.  if you intend to pay in full $500, just put in $450 etc. since the auto $50 payment is going to go through, even if it doesn't your still in the clear.

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.