cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i missed a payment for one of my card!

tag
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: i missed a payment for one of my card!

Ouch.. Sorry to hear. You can try calling back and seeing if you get someone else. All it takes is one person to say yes. Or you could try to GW.

Hope it works out!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 11 of 33
Tanyasf
Established Member

what you can do now is used all of you credit limit and don't pay back a penny and take your famaliy move to don't care if you had a late payment in the US ,You can start your newlife over there 

Edit: This was in incredibly poor taste.  --Rev

I'm not an American and i will never be
Message 12 of 33
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@Tanyasf wrote:

what you can do now is used all of you credit limit and don't pay back a penny and take your famaliy move don't care if you had a late payment in the US ,You can start your newlife over there 

L@@@K !!!! I don't think it's any need in what you just said

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 13 of 33
enharu
Super Contributor

@Tanyasf wrote:

what you can do now is used all of you credit limit and don't pay back a penny and take your famaliy move to don't care if you had a late payment in the US ,You can start your newlife over there 

seriously, this guy has a real problem that might affect the next 7 years of his life. there's no need to troll him.

Anyways to OP: Call customer service and ask to talk to a manager / supervisor. I am not too sure how Cap1 works. be really nice, and explain it to them. They can remove it if they want to. It's entirely up to them and their business practices. If you have been a customer for a while, they are probably more willing to do it for you. Also, try contacting their executive office. Many people have said very nice things about what their EO can do.

best of luck.

I know it sucks, but it's going to hurt a lot for the next 1-2 years. After that, not so much, but you'll still see a ding on your CR. After 5-7 years, it really stops affecting your score as much as long as that's the only baddie you have.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 33
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Tanyasf wrote:

what you can do now is used all of you credit limit and don't pay back a penny and take your famaliy move to modcut.   Modcut don't care if you had a late payment in the US ,You can start your newlife over there 

Please keep your posts informative and helpful.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 33
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Tanyasf wrote:

LOL

My brother attempted to get four lates from Capital One removed because he "forgets" to pay. The woman said no, but she did credit back the late fees for all of them.

Message 16 of 33
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

seriously, this guy has a real problem that might affect the next 7 years of his life. there's no need to troll him.

I know it sucks, but it's going to hurt a lot for the next 1-2 years. After that, not so much, but you'll still see a ding on your CR. After 5-7 years, it really stops affecting your score as much as long as that's the only baddie you have.

Not sure what happened to my post!  I was going to say that the above is a little too dramatic.  While the late will drop scores, on manual recon, the OP can explain the circumstances and a single 30 day late can be forgiven.  It depends of course on previous score and record, but I don't think the OP is necessarily in credit hell for 1-2 years.

Message 17 of 33
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Credit hell? LOL! That is a great way of describing it. I was in true credit hell for 8-10 years because of bankruptcy.

OP, contact EO if all else fails. They should remove the late. If not, at most you will be in credit hell for a year. You could get a mortgage 12 months after the late if your score qualifies. So it is not bankruptcy...it's not that bad. Take a deep breath and just breathe. Your credit is not ruined. Things will be better in one year's time. Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 18 of 33
pineappledaydreams
Frequent Contributor

It's not the end of the world. I still have baddies and several lates. You'll learn to live with it. My scores are what they are because mostly of short history 2.6 years and average credit is less than 2k. So one late wont impact you at all after 2 years
On my phone apologies for the errors.

Starting Score: 501 EX FAKO
Current Score: 745TU Fico
Current Score:714EQ Fico
Current Score: 742 fico

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 33
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@Tanyasf wrote:

what you can do now is used all of you credit limit and don't pay back a penny and take your famaliy move to modcut.   Modcut don't care if you had a late payment in the US ,You can start your newlife over there 

Please keep your posts informative and helpful.  

Doubt she will heed the advice.  A lot of trolling and rudeness since joining here.  Maybe there is just a translation issue, but doubt it.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.