11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: i need a best buy cc.

Why must it be BB card?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I'm not quite sure what OP is asking?

Are you asking if you will qualify, or if Capital One will allow you to have another card?

Either way, we will need more information. And myjourney asks a good question - why do you need it? Other cards can be used at Best Buy, and often for better rewards or longer 0% financing.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 3 of 12
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure there is many places out there that can beat Best Buy when it comes to 0% financing. Only apply for the card if you have good credit history or else you'll be stuck with the crappy low limit card with fee's.

EDIT: After checking your post history don't bother applying for that card. You will most likely get denied.

Message 4 of 12
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

Best Buy 0% is pretty darn good..

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 5 of 12
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

@murat wrote:

i have too many cap 1 cards.can i get a best buy card

Also, really soon Best Buy is switching who is going to be in control of their cards, may well be worth it to you to wait on it and get your score up.

Message 6 of 12
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I got the best buy card in 2010 and was extrememly happy with it. I bought a washer, dryer, and big screen TV after I moved acrossed the country. The 0% financing was amazing with that card. Now, if you go with it then remember that if you do not pay it off in the 0% grace period, once it is over they will tack on ALL the back interest of the said grace period. 

Now, if you have a card right now that is 0% for some time then I would use that. I say this because chances are the card has a rewards program that will blow Best Buy's out of the water. 

This is of course just my opinion 

Message 7 of 12
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

The only way you can take advantage of the rewards is $1 to 1 point in their Reward Zone, small compared to others if you use the 0%

BUT!!!

It's now 5% back with interest purchase and 6% if you are a silver member with them...

That's pretty decent..

Message 8 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

This is why I asked the question

OP can certainly do better by using other cards just depends on what type of rewards wanted cash, miles, longer term to pay or store cards

(1) Example

Discover shopping online  0%  6-14 months terms on card

5% (cash back)

vs 

BB 0% 6 month  

5% rewards (store cards)

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 12
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

This is why I asked the question

OP can certainly do better by using other cards just depends on what type of rewards wanted cash, miles, longer term to pay or store cards

(1) Example

Discover shopping online  0%  6-14 months terms on card

5% (cash back)

vs 

BB 0% 6 month  

5% rewards (store cards)

@+ 1 on better reward cards. BUT the financing terms vary based on purchase + price. I think the BB card is 6 months @ 0% on orders over $150, 18 months @ 0% on orders about $500+ and 24 months @ 0% on HDTV's, Theater accessories, etc (I also think it applies to appliances). If the OP mentions the intended purchase we can come up with something Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.