no negative,no baddies,no nothing

total inquires=10

2011 inq=6

2012 inq=4

2013 inq=august i will have "0" inquires in the last 12 months

income 50k

now what my questions are

1.what is a good "average credit history?"

2.should i wait till all my inquires fall off at the end of 2014 or should i wait till mid 2013 where i will have "0" inquires in the last 12 months?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: i need advice,help,info!!

Apply for any card you like with scores around 720 and 50k a year income and no baddies it would be highly unlikely you don't get instant approvals, I would recomend going for a revolver first since they are harder to get. If you are worried for some reason go for a charge card, then the revolver would be a soft pull unless you are approved then they do the hard pull. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 29
mojobones89
Contributor

what im worried about are my inquries,i keep reading that after 12 months they have no affect on your score,so i do not know if i should apply after the 12 months or wait till they completely  fall after 24 months.

Message 3 of 29
beb86
Valued Contributor

@mojobones89 wrote:

trying to get an american express

ex-721

tu-724

eq-722

9 credit cards=zero balance on all of them

total credit balance 14.1k

average credit history is 2 years

oldest accounts are 3.3 years

total inquires=10

2011 inq=6

2012 inq=4

income 50k

2.should i wait till all my inquires fall off at the end of 2014 or should i wait till mid 2013 where i will have "0" inquires in the last 12 months?

Is this your have 14.1k in CL with $0 balance reporting? If so than I would say you could pretty much have a great shot at AMEX and depending on your needs could benefit from carrying one.

Message 4 of 29
mojobones89
Contributor

and another thing is my average credit history...i do not know if 2 years is normal or if it will affect my chances of getting declined.

Message 5 of 29
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@mojobones89 wrote:

trying to get an american express

ex-721

tu-724

eq-722

9 credit cards=zero balance on all of them

total credit balance 14.1k

average credit history is 2 years

oldest accounts are 3.3 years

total inquires=10

2011 inq=6

2012 inq=4

income 50k

A couple general thoughts...given the information in your post you wouldn't have any problem getting any of the AMEX charge cards (green,gold,plat) and would have a good chance with any revolving amex credit card (the blue series, etc).

The number of inquiries on your report is not excessive so I wouldn't worry about that. Amex is an experian puller, and if you are borderline for approval, there is a chance that they will pull all three.

Also, where did you get those scores? You can't purchase an ex fico so unless you got it directly from a lender it is not a fico score. Depending on where the and eq came from they may be fako's as well. The scores offered on this site are legit ficos and will give you a better idea as to exactly where you stand (eq moreso than tu as the the version sold on this site is a bit dated)

Also note that it is beneficial to your scores to let a small balance (1-9% of your limit) report on one card, but it is still good practice to pay in full, just do so after the statement closing date.

Hope this helps.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 6 of 29
mojobones89
Contributor

i use USAA CREDIT MONITOR,shows all three for 6.95 a month.so you would say those scored provided are fako scores?

Message 7 of 29
beb86
Valued Contributor

I'd say you should be fine but to be safe you might want to go for a charge first.

Message 8 of 29
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

To answer your other question,2 years is sufficient history for Amex to approve you.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 9 of 29
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Welcome to the forums !

If your report is clean as you described, I think that you could probably go ahead and apply now - I don't think that your inquiries would be an issue.

However the scores you mentioned are FAKO scores, so I woudn't rely on them.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.