Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need advice,help,info!!

tag
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: i need advice,help,info!!

You can get your EQ FICO from here as well as a TU FICO but the model is a TU98 which is a little dated... If you have a walmart CC you can get the TU08 version if you sign up for the paperless statements.

Message 21 of 29
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@mojobones89 wrote:

according to usaa credit monitoring i have 10 inq. in ex, 7 in TU, and 8 in EQ,so seeing i have 10 in ex and AMEX pulls ex then i guess im screwed?

10 on ex is kind of high for Amex's liking. However, I still think you would qualify for a charge card with little difficulty, but a revolver might be a little more tricky.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 22 of 29
mojobones89
Contributor

even with that whole "12 months have no affect on your credit" i keep seeing?what charge card do you think will be easier to get seeing the zync card is no longer available?

Message 23 of 29
mojobones89
Contributor

thank you for the info!i will look into it

Message 24 of 29
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@mojobones89 wrote:

even with that whole "12 months have no affect on your credit" i keep seeing?what charge card do you think will be easier to get seeing the zync card is no longer available?

Even though they don't effect your score after 12 months, amex can still see them. How many are from the last 12 months? -Fewer would be better, but I don't think it should deter you from apping either way.

It almost seems counterintuitive, but all amex charge cards have more or less the same underwriting criteria, ie a green is just about as easy to get as a platinum. 

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 25 of 29
mojobones89
Contributor

in august of 2013 i will have 0 inq,at the moment i have 2 within the last 12 months,i just dont want to wait till the end of 2014 to apply,platnuim seems more for people who travel and do a lot of public event,golds rewards seems goof for people who do groceries,eat out and gas.

Message 26 of 29
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

2 within the past 12 months is perfectly normal, and wouldn't be the least bit alarming to amex. The fact that 8/10 are old makes your chances for approval much higher.  

As far as what card is best for you it really depends on your spending habits, alot of people just get the green to get their foot in the door now that zync is gone. Especially since green has the lowest af. Also, once you become a member, any future denials are soft pulls, so you would be able to apply for a revolver without worrying about wasting a hard inquiry.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Message 27 of 29
mojobones89
Contributor

btw what is cl on freedom?idk why but im still stuck at 500,have had the card for a little over a year,flawless with them and still nothing.

Message 28 of 29
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

mojobones89 wrote:

btw what is cl on freedom?idk why but im still stuck at 500,have had the card for a little over a year,flawless with them and still nothing.

Its 2,100. I'm finishing up grad school at the moment so my income dosent really support higher limits than that. I'm probably going to ask them for about 5-7.5k towards the end of the summer (when I start work ft), but I fully expect to take a hp to get it.

I've had the card since june and havent gotten an auto cli yet, but I've heard that they give them out on occasion. If you call them and ask for an increase they would probably grant it given that you have a good history with the card, but they will want to do a hp to give it to you.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.